Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skeena North Moose - Proposed Regulation Changes (Please Comment)

Skeena North Moose - Proposed Regulation Changes (Please Comment)

Hello all,

There are 3 additional regulation proposals (2018-2020) that have been posted to the Fish and Wildlife Branch Angling, Hunting, and Trapping Public Engagement Website (
    https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/) in regards to Moose regulations in the Northern Skeena MUs.

The three proposals are:

Posted in the Region 6 - Skeena section:

1) Skeena North Moose General Open Seasons
    2) Stikine Moose LEH
    3) Klappan Moose LEH

The deadline for public comments on these proposals is February 16, 2018.

I recommend everyone read carefully through the proposals being made and provide written comment to to the Fish and Wildlife Branch. Proposals are being made based off of "feelings" from certain user groups rather than sound science. I could elaborate more, but best to have a read and provide comments.

Regards

2. Site Sponsor

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Re: Skeena North Moose - Proposed Regulation Changes (Please Comment)

Looking at the broader picture of BC, the amending of the vehicle weight restriction in the Muskwa Kechika is a huge one and has been a long time coming. I have been personally involved in that one and am pretty excited
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Reading the propsed changes depressed me. A likely scenario would have me unable to hunt some country ever again that I have enjoyed in the past.

The changes are brought on by social pressure, not conservation issues. This is the new normal, and not likely to change. Wait until these nations gain title.

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    Reading the propsed changes depressed me. A likely scenario would have me unable to hunt some country ever again that I have enjoyed in the past.

The changes are brought on by social pressure, not conservation issues. This is the new normal, and not likely to change. Wait until these nations gain title.
    Bad choices are being made, rather than settling a treaty they sit on their hands until 'title' is won in the courts and then it's a different bag of marbles.

Sounds familiar.
    Unless you're an aboriginal you can pretty well forget hunting moose in ontario too.
    Yah, they'll still take your money for entering an adult moose lottery that your odds of winning the 649 are better in.
    Not surprised to see it going the same way in other provinces.
    The rest of us had better get used to hunting chipmunks & sparrows with sling shots in our back yards.
    I'm a 'wasp' in my mid 60s and will likely never hunt for an adult moose again.

The whole province is a joke. I'll just wait till a civil war erupts and do my part. I'm in the yukon now and it's a little better but there are still alot of leaf licking snowflakes that cry till they get what they want. Maybe we really do need to do the same thing.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

The way I see it you restrict opportunities in certain areas you get more hunters in smaller areas.Back in the day 70's-80's there is opportunity all over the province hence you distribute hunters everywhere.I can go moose hunting in a "Good Area" and not see a moose for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    The way I see it you restrict opportunities in certain areas you get more hunters in smaller areas.Back in the day 70's-80's there is opportunity all over the province hence you distribute hunters everywhere.I can go moose hunting in a "Good Area" and not see a moose for a week.
    That's because the wolves ate a bunch, and they starved some more by spraying herbicides all over their food source, and the trains killed a whole swack, and little johnny got the only spike fork in 50 square miles. Not much left to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    Moose numbers down except opportunity to keep going down hill if trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by zurevins View Post
    Hello all,

There are 3 additional regulation proposals (2018-2020) that have been posted to the Fish and Wildlife Branch Angling, Hunting, and Trapping Public Engagement Website (
    https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/) in regards to Moose regulations in the Northern Skeena MUs.

The three proposals are:

Posted in the Region 6 - Skeena section:

1) Skeena North Moose General Open Seasons
    2) Stikine Moose LEH
    3) Klappan Moose LEH

The deadline for public comments on these proposals is February 16, 2018.

I recommend everyone read carefully through the proposals being made and provide written comment to to the Fish and Wildlife Branch. Proposals are being made based off of "feelings" from certain user groups rather than sound science. I could elaborate more, but best to have a read and provide comments.

Regards

Thanks for posting this.

Resident hunters are being screwed big time on the moose issue. To be clear, this is not a conservation issue or an issue of the FN's not being able to kill their section 35 moose in North Skeena. It is about the commercial trophy hunters getting their way.

They have used the FN's to push their commercial $$$ agenda at the expense of BC resident licensed hunters trying to feed their families. Should be embarrassed ... but of course they're not $$$.

The bureaucrats involved in this should all be fired for breach of trust. The have been playing a game for a few years now and pretending their was a "consultation process" to achieve their end result. When the Jade/Boulder area went to the tri palm/10 point regulation (trophy hunt) a few years ago their agenda was exposed ... now they have just proven how shallow they really are, and how they disrespect BC's resident licensed hunters. Time they were gone!

The AHTE is a bureaucratic waste of time. Contact the Minister and your MLA and demand they explain why they are supporting non-resident trophy hunting in North Skeena at the expense of BC resident "sustenance" hunters. Licensed resident hunters should have priority over commercial $$$ trophy hunting.