Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This comings Seasons (2018) ATV Use and Restrictions

This comings Seasons (2018) ATV Use and Restrictions

Discussion with hunting partner today, led us wondering to what will be happening this Fall?
    We all saw that with those 2 big fires in R3, R5, that one had a full on ATV ban, and the other ATV and Vehicle Ban.
    Also, the White River had a big fire, and I thought I recalled them implementing a full on vehicle Closure there as well.
    Also, I recall the White River may be closed for years until "sightlines" are overgrown again.
    BUT, I am not wanting to Debate these restrictions on this thread and if it is a good idea or bad etc.

I just want to know what "news" there is on these areas for the future, and what will be open for ATV use or not, and if not, how long will it be closed to ATV/Vehicles etc.

Just wanting to get some insight on what has been determined, and what is being discussed or rumored?
    Again, don't want to hear about the good or the bad over it...start another thread in that case.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: This comings Seasons (2018) ATV Use and Restrictions

i want to believe that the vehicle restrictions were do to the high fire probability .
    keep the people out of the bush reduced possibility's of human caused fires.
    as far as the fire areas who knows

Yes, I am wondering about those MU's that had fires in them.
    What are the proposed restrictions, if any come this season, or any rumors of what is being proposed going forward.

I"m OK if they keep them closed. There are far too many firebreaks splitting off across country in an effort to contain the blazes. These fires only provided more access due to firefighting activities. If you feel there isn't enough access and despise the atv ban, don't be so damn greedy. There are still a few people that, despite owning a quad, still like to find some quiet country to WALK.

Vehicle/ATV bans for fire concerns are usually decisions made on short notice, so I doubt you'll hear anything until August. If it's a dry summer with extended hot weather in the forecast, probably be restrictions again.

Areas that already burned should be free and clear I would think. Also the vehicle bans last year didn't apply to private land, if that makes a difference for your planning.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/pu...ions_aug_4.pdf

Rumour from the COs has it that the 4 MUs in the north-western part of Region 3 (3-28, 3-29, 3-30 and 3-17) weren't actually closed because of the fires but will be permanently closed/banned to ATV use as they were wanting to do this prior to the fires for access reasons (at least in 3-28 and 3-29) and the fires just finally gave them justification that wouldn't ruffle too many feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    I"m OK if they keep them closed. There are far too many firebreaks splitting off across country in an effort to contain the blazes. These fires only provided more access due to firefighting activities. If you feel there isn't enough access and despise the atv ban, don't be so damn greedy. There are still a few people that, despite owning a quad, still like to find some quiet country to WALK.
    If First Nations were aloud to use quads, and not us I call it a load of BS.....there's going to be plenty of blow over soon enough to limit access....

Anyone want to trade me a horse for my quad?
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

You can find all the PROPOSED regulation changes here: https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/hunt...g_type_tid=All

Just click "Hunting" at the top

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    If First Nations were aloud to use quads, and not us I call it a load of BS.....there's going to be plenty of blow over soon enough to limit access....
    FN use over non FN use is a separate issue. But you already know that. And, it was OK for FN to use quads in the closed areas for 2017, anyway.