Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This comings Seasons (2018) ATV Use and Restrictions

Re: This comings Seasons (2018) ATV Use and Restrictions

FYI, I don't own a quad!
    My buddy and his son do, that's why I asked here.
    They have always bee responsible users, and just use them for a cheaper, less destructive way to get around.
    They have never taken them of the roads for any reason that I ever recall.
    I think they respect the idea of keeping them on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    I"m OK if they keep them closed. There are far too many firebreaks splitting off across country in an effort to contain the blazes. These fires only provided more access due to firefighting activities. If you feel there isn't enough access and despise the atv ban, don't be so damn greedy. There are still a few people that, despite owning a quad, still like to find some quiet country to WALK.
    tell me about it!!
    Had some of those fire breaks go right thru my "honey hole hill"!!...just sucked for me.
    They are super wide, 2 to 3 times as wide as a normal logging road would be.
    And, many of them went right thru some of the last remaining "mature growth" in the area.
    Something that is lacking up there big time after all that logging/beetle kill.
    So, I understand the reason for the restrictions, and as well, they never did a good job of trying to deactivate any of it, nor do I think they will sadly.
    Just wanted to hear what was going to happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Rumour from the COs has it that the 4 MUs in the north-western part of Region 3 (3-28, 3-29, 3-30 and 3-17) weren't actually closed because of the fires but will be permanently closed/banned to ATV use as they were wanting to do this prior to the fires for access reasons (at least in 3-28 and 3-29) and the fires just finally gave them justification that wouldn't ruffle too many feathers.
    Never heard of that, but, then again, not saying it wasn't true.
    But yes, the fire definitely gave them reason to close, and I just assumed it was for safety, and then due to all those firebreaks.
    Wouldn't doubt if those MU's with fire will stay restricted however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Never heard of that, but, then again, not saying it wasn't true.
    But yes, the fire definitely gave them reason to close, and I just assumed it was for safety, and then due to all those firebreaks.
    Wouldn't doubt if those MU's with fire will stay restricted however.

there was a thread on here last year about the closure. I can see a closure in the immediate fire area, but the closure encompasses a lot of land that is 50km from the nearest burned tree.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.