Hi there! I've been a lurker for quite a while but figured I ought to post an introduction.

I'm a recovering city girl who's pretty new to anything outdoors, other than I used to go for walks along the Fraser River when I lived in Richmond but that hardly counts. A year and a half ago I started doing some light hiking around the Capilano and Grouse Mountain, and more recently I've moved to Vancouver Island. After a few months of digging out from all the moving boxes, I'm just starting to do some exploring and researching about local trails and whatnot.

I'm not yet a hunter as I know I'm a terrible shot and never grew up around it, but I'm interested in archery and would like to take up bowhunting once I can shoot straight. I plan on joining the local archery club soon and eventually one of the F&G's (there are a few within an hour's drive).

Anyway, it'll be a while before I'm posting any triumphant hunting stories, but this forum has been very interesting and informative when I've been just lurking (especially all the posts about local politics and access to forestry lands, much of which is pertinent to hiking as well), and I'm here to learn.