Thread: Burris Fullfield or MSR vs Vortex Diamondback?

Burris Fullfield or MSR vs Vortex Diamondback?

Looking to get a new scope and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these? I have a Diamondback from about 2011 and I like it, but I would like something with an elevation turret. I'm not looking to shoot at 1000yds, but would like to dial for steel at 5-600yds. The Burris MSR has an elevation turret and as far as I read it is pretty well identical to the Fullfield II. I like the ballistic plex reticle as well. My older vortex has the BDC reticle, but the new diamondback tactical has a reticle that is too busy for me.

What say ye? Looking for feedback on clarity and tracking mostly.

TIA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Burris Fullfield or MSR vs Vortex Diamondback?

I would take the burris models over the vortex. They make a good product for the $$

X2 on Burris good scopes for the money
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Clarity is pretty good. My best burris is the C4 model. I don't feel I am any less clear than any lupy varix 111 scopes I have.

Find a used Leupold Vx3 3.5-10x40 CDS
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have a couple Burris C4's, good scope for the money...I think the wind plex reticle in the C4 is more useful with an elevation turret than the bdc reticle in the MSR
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Just get a Leupold VX3i with a cds and be done .There is no comparison to what you have period.

I have two Burris fulfields and a Leopoldo vxiii. The Leopold is a little brighter but I have mediocre eyes so most times it’s hard to tell them apart. The Burris have held up really well in a few gross hunts. Great scope for the price.

I have a buddy whose Burris fogged up. They replaced it as promised in the “forever” warranty.