Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any experienced trad hunters our there?

Any experienced trad hunters our there?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get into bow hunting in BC but I have no association with Hunter culture. I'm wondering are there any experienced hunters who would be willing to take someone like me along with them? I can help pack out meat and stuff. Just looking for a way to get out there.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any experienced trad hunters our there?

Location will go a long ways with your request

Ha, ha. You are new to this. Not much packing out for trad hunters...not that there isn't any (don't want to offend anyone). lol.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Yea hehe I am new. I live in the lower mainland. Actually a few blocks from the Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club.

isn't packing out what they call carrying out a downed and prepared animal? Or did you mean that trad bow kills usually are light enough that one person can do it?

Hit some 3D's, make yourself known and I'd be surprised if you did not make some friends....... I did it, so there's hope for anyone.

There's lots of experienced one-string guys down your way, always willing to help a brother out.

Gotta put yourself out there though, could be anyone hiding behind a keyboard and a forum nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Ha, ha. You are new to this. Not much packing out for trad hunters...not that there isn't any (don't want to offend anyone). lol.
    Hey Brez , haul your ass to The Rock Creek Rondevous and we can compare pack out stories ! Not offended , just want to win an appropriate beverage . LOL
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey Brez , haul your ass to The Rock Creek Rondevous and we can compare pack out stories ! Not offended , just want to win an appropriate beverage . LOL
    Careful all, sounds like someone is on the look out for a new pack-out mule!

About the Rock Creek thing, avoid this guy.......you'll get wet!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcheese View Post
    isn't packing out what they call carrying out a downed and prepared animal? Or did you mean that trad bow kills usually are light enough that one person can do it?
    Ha, yep. It's hard enough with a compound bow to get something big enough to have to pack out. My biggest trad kill is a turkey...so far.

"Hey Brez , haul your ass to The Rock Creek Rondevous and we can compare pack out stories ! Not offended , just want to win an appropriate beverage . LOL"
    Sounds like a plan. When is it? There must be a reason I haven't been before.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Good morning Brez , Long week-end in May , the extra day makes the travel worth while .
    The challenging yet fair 3-D (Jim Murphy) course must be experienced , kitchen with very reasonable prices , good camping with water available , quantity and quality of numerous door and raffle is impresive, all types of Tradies willing to share their campfire and stories , the Rock Creek Cub with its impressive grounds are some of the reasons to attend .
    However the most impressive point is the "Family" participation of this event , it is the small or large family groups that provide a foundation that makes the TBBC Roundevous a must attend event !
    Cheers and hope you can attend !
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Ha, yep. It's hard enough with a compound bow to get something big enough to have to pack out. My biggest trad kill is a turkey...so far.
    Hmm, not sure about that. We pack every year. Elk, Deer, other.... Maybe it's your team? Come to Rock Cr and explore the possibilities. Unless you're competitive, don't shoot with Ken...