Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently CO'S shouldn't hunt as that affects their work ethic

Re: Apparently CO'S shouldn't hunt as that affects their work ethic

Well, he's a pretty talented I’ll give him that. Spewing that drivel while jacking your buddy off at the same time, all while on camera, is pretty impressive...

Re: CO’s Under Attack.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I was directly involved in recruiting for the COS for a few years and being a hunter/non-hunter was never a criteria or a consideration. You had to have a valid PAL and that was it for anything related to hunting. It would be easily proved with the record from the hiring process that are on file for several years. He's looking to build himself a niche in academia. He's entitle to his opinion, but it's not factually valid.

Found this https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...ervice/careers

Proof of the following special requirements will be requested during the competition process:

• Applicants must be at least 19 years of age
    • Possess a valid driver’s license (Class 5 or higher)
    • Completion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course
    • Completion of CORE Hunter Safety or provincial equivalent
    • Completed Occupational First Aid Level 1 or equivalent training.
    • Obtain Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certification
    • Successful completion of the PARE physical abilities test to the recruit standard of 4:45 minutes
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Second thread about the same thing.

But you did beat out the other one...

According to the article "Three individuals approached him after they were stymied in their attempts to find out how many conservation officers were hunters,"

Who where these people asking him to looking to the matter? Doubt it was just random people on the street. Isn't he connected to the organization Bears Matter? Coincidence?

Who would be more invested in conservation than a hunter

If all could send this to their NDP and/or Green MLA it would be appreciated.....Copy and paste and go.

Don't forget to include a link to the story!
    http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...ation-officers

When I was a young boy my father was a shop teacher he fixed his own mechanical equipment, My grandfather was a mechanic who worked on farm tractors and my passion through those influences led me to become a mechanic.

When My wife was young she spent a lot of time with her grandmother who was a nurse. Her grandmother told her exciting stories about the profession. Now my wife is a nurse.

My best friends father was a fishing guide and eventually my best friend became a guide but he also works at the local fish hatchery. His passion is fish! He knows more about fish than anyone I have ever met, his passion helps keep his interest and care in what he does at the hatchery. By doing this he is doing his part of keeping a healthy salmon population around for other anglers.

I started to think about the rest of my friends and family and soon realized I could tell stories like this about most of them. Makes me think what type of person would want to become a conservation officer! I wonder how many of them grew up spending lots of time in the outdoors hunting with their family and friends. The trend seems that people generally source work in what interests them. I wonder could they be like all the young professionals starting out with a dream to help make a difference and take care of their passion. Like I said earlier My father was a shop teacher and now my older sister is a teacher as well. If you ask her why she does it her answer is the same. It is not because our father was but because she wants to make a difference in young students lives!

Next time you see a conservation officer maybe you need to ask the question, did you become an officer to help protect something you were passionate about? I bet the answer will be yes. My fear would be if we had a group of people in the conservation profession who were not from a background of hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. They might not have the same care as someone that held those passions!

Seems pretty sensible that Hunters have chosen to become conservation officers and I couldn't think of a better person to do it than one who supports the interest they are tying to protect!

Thank you
    Last edited by Frosty; 01-29-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbc View Post
    Found this https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...ervice/careers

Proof of the following special requirements will be requested during the competition process:

• Applicants must be at least 19 years of age
    • Possess a valid driver’s license (Class 5 or higher)
    • Completion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course
    • Completion of CORE Hunter Safety or provincial equivalent
    • Completed Occupational First Aid Level 1 or equivalent training.
    • Obtain Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certification
    • Successful completion of the PARE physical abilities test to the recruit standard of 4:45 minutes

Thanks for the correction. My experience was different. Glad they have included the CORE now.

Andrew Weaver of the Greens, Alex Dutton of the BC Liberals, and, err...some no name from the NDP square off in a debate...

Talk about a lack of class. Can't even get a name plate for himself, let along tape it on straight. Typical NDP though - "It's not my job" mentality infects that party from top to bottom.

And show up in something other than a plaid shirt and jeans for a televised debate, okay?

We can't get these pricks out of office soon enough, people.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 01-30-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Beta male...cuddle fish
    'Yippie' beta male...
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!