Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently CO'S shouldn't hunt as that affects their work ethic

Re: Apparently CO'S shouldn't hunt as that affects their work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    It sounds as if you are not in favour with CO's working closely with hunting organizations?
    Opposite opinion, could have been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    I have experience in a "diverse" organization that embraces this bullshit and know it to be very successful.
    Like I said, you have no experiencing running a large corporation. It's quite obvious to those who do.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Opposite opinion, could have been clearer.
    Good.

Only a fool would think that CO's building relationships with BCWF/GOABC is a negative thing.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    The truth is all this BS about COs being a hunter or not is really not relevant and a real waste

The true issue we have in B.C. is a lack of COs and weak punishments for poaching. It’s not a lack of quality in the COs we have
    Good post and mostly true.
    One other thing is many times the COs hands are tied and its the crown that does not pursue the case/charge.
    Many times the crown prosecutor is not that knowledgeable in hunting or the regs.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Good post and mostly true.
    One other thing is many times the COs hands are tied and its the crown that does not pursue the case/charge.
    Many times the crown prosecutor is not that knowledgeable in hunting or the regs.
    Agree 100% here

Danny_29

"I agree that not hiring someone based on them being a hunter is discrimination but hiring a majority of hunters is clearly a bias."

I think you need to unpack that and re-think it. There's no proof or indication that being a hunter gave anyone preference in hiring, to begin with. You should also probably recognize that diversity is not a neutral word any longer. It's actually pretty politically charged and has been (for lack of a better word) "weaponized" in the same way many other terms these days are. (You need an example of the weaponization of the term? Casavant uses it as a weapon to attack the CO service, without providing any actual evidence. When merely using a term gains you an advantage you've weaponized the term).

Diversity and merit aren't in conflict. I work in a very competitive, very diverse industry where rewards are all merit based. Diversity in the traditional sense of the word does pay benefits. There is absolutely no question about that. Diversity for political purposes (which is what Casavant wants) is a completely differnt thing.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Was this Casavant guy ever in FS John?? I had a run in with the dumbest, bone headed goof that thought he was a CO up there.
    Nope, North VI only. Still up there as an NRO that last time I asked. Will follow up next week and see if he still has a job with the Gov.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Danny_29

"I agree that not hiring someone based on them being a hunter is discrimination but hiring a majority of hunters is clearly a bias."

I think you need to unpack that and re-think it. There's no proof or indication that being a hunter gave anyone preference in hiring, to begin with. You should also probably recognize that diversity is not a neutral word any longer. It's actually pretty politically charged and has been (for lack of a better word) "weaponized" in the same way many other terms these days are. (You need an example of the weaponization of the term? Casavant uses it as a weapon to attack the CO service, without providing any actual evidence. When merely using a term gains you an advantage you've weaponized the term).

Diversity and merit aren't in conflict. I work in a very competitive, very diverse industry where rewards are all merit based. Diversity in the traditional sense of the word does pay benefits. There is absolutely no question about that. Diversity for political purposes (which is what Casavant wants) is a completely differnt thing.
    I actually said I don't know the numbers, I was merely stating that if there was a preference (which there may or may not be) that would be an issue. I would have an issue with this in any medium.

I actually said I don't know the numbers, I was merely stating that if there was a preference (which there may or may not be) that would be an issue. I would have an issue with this in any medium.
    You know, when they are looking for millwright apprentices, they want people with mechanical aptitude. Would that be an issue? Or how about someone that is afraid of heights applying for a window washing job? Should they hire someone as a CO that is scared of guns and terrified of bears? I honestly believe that some people are just a better fit for the job, and a CO should be a hunter/fisherman/trapper so they have a good handle on the rules and don't shitte themselves everytime they see a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Nope, North VI only. Still up there as an NRO that last time I asked. Will follow up next week and see if he still has a job with the Gov.

Cheers

SS
    http://dir.gov.bc.ca/gtds.cgi?esearc...bjectId=147390

I wonder if anyone can submit a FOI request in order to find out the real motivation of the people who approach Casavant about obtaining the CO formation on their behalf. After all, he is a government employee.