Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: beauty fall black bear

Re: beauty fall black bear

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    That bear could very well be 400 lbs.

Great looking bear OP, thanks for sharing, I got a black like that once. He was 270 lbs for just the carcass at the butcher, we cut off buckets of fat from that bear before we brought him in. The meat was good, farmer sauage, pepperoni and ham. His skull went 21 inches. Would love one that colour!
    You could be right. I think I’ve been too conservative is guessing bear weights. We saw lots of bears last year and my son usually asks me to guess their weights. I usually guess between 140 and 250 lbs.

Either way, it’s an awesome bear with a perfect hide.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Beauty black bear buddy! Interior bear? If so, that's a big bear for round here, congrats to you and your buddy, you guys just saved a lot of yearling ungulates...

Thumbs up Re: beauty fall black bear

That is a nice bear alright.
    But, you know what I like about him the best? He won't be around to snack on calves and fawns this spring and I am sure he had more than a few of those morsel over his life time.
    Good job, helping the deer, elk and moose population rebound.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Beauty black bear buddy! Interior bear? If so, that's a big bear for round here, congrats to you and your buddy, you guys just saved a lot of yearling ungulates...
    Thanks man, yup Christian valley bear lots of big ones around there

Nice job boys. Great to see. I have my eyes on the biggest bear I’ve seen on the island here for spring. Spotted him in the fall as well. Congratulations. Better get as many of the blackies while we still can.

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Nice job boys. Great to see. I have my eyes on the biggest bear I’ve seen on the island here for spring. Spotted him in the fall as well. Congratulations. Better get as many of the blackies while we still can.
    I might come out to the island in the spring to hunt them big blackies, my brother in law is just getting into hunting and he lives out there so I thought we could do a hunt together

Nice work!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey