Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who killed the grizzly hunt? Infographic

Re: Who killed the grizzly hunt? Infographic

Quote Originally Posted by 2La View Post
    Sadly the choice was not scientific, instead a political “forgive me” for continuing the construction of the Site C dam. Im not sayin, I’m just saying...
    While I believe this to be true the unfortunate reality is that it will be extremely difficult to get a Grizzly hunt back that is based on science and not social license. This empowers the antis and emboldens them to go for more. This is the the thin edge of the wedge and they will be hammering on it.

Fairly one sided article.

I found this quote in the article interesting:

"The main threat facing grizzlies is the destruction of their habitat by industries like oil & gas and forestry."

1) If that's the case why are these groups targeting hunting then and not the oil & gas industry?
    2) If the main threat is the oil & gas industry, do these people opposing the hunt use gas and oil? I so it seems hypocritical to me.

Exactly.....I agree jamfarm, what a load..

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post

"The main threat facing grizzlies is the destruction of their habitat by industries like oil & gas and forestry."

1) If that's the case why are these groups targeting hunting then and not the oil & gas industry?
    2) If the main threat is the oil & gas industry, do these people opposing the hunt use gas and oil? I so it seems hypocritical to me.

Because we hunters are an easy target !

As the article says, it is habitat destruction and encroachment are the biggest factors affecting grizzlies, not hunting.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post

The environmentalists want it all! Stop all hunting, stop all oil and gas. Period. They are painting everything with one brush here.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Outlawing the Grizzly hunt It is definitely not in the best interest of Grizzly Bears.

Evolution has taught Mankind what to do with worthless things especially if the are a thread to Human beings, Livestock or whatever.

Sad but true.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    Because we hunters are an easy target !
    This is 100% true

If Antis target oil and gas they are up against big $ with good lawyers. Then factor in the amount of people relying on this industry that would stand against them

Hunters are low hanging fruit with a weak defence. Then add in the portion of hunters who thought it was OK to sacrifice the grizzly hunt in hopes antis would back off. Well it does not work that way

I was told the best reason hunters should stand and defend all kinds of hunting

If you stand and support even the most controversial form of hunting antis never gain an inch to impact the common forms of hunting because they are too busy fighting to move forward

In my ill-informed opinion, the You-Tube video of that gut shot boar trying to hold it's footing on the shale and eventually sliding down the snow leaving a trail of red, with the elated hunter giving high fives, playing on a continual basis for a week on my evening news TV set, handed the g-bear decision to us. Posted social media videos and hunting films and TV productions are the galvanizer the anti-hunting groups need to sway the rest of the non-hunting public's opinion
    against us. Think about that when you video your next kill shot... and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life