Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who killed the grizzly hunt? Infographic

Re: Who killed the grizzly hunt? Infographic

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    The Grizzly hunt ban does impact you even though you don't hunt them.

It was a decision that was based solely on the government (admittedly) deciding that it is "no longer socially acceptable". It had nothing to do with science.

Sooner than you think, powers that be will deem it "no longer socially acceptable" to hunt wolves, deer, rabbits, to own an SKS, posses an auto-loading rifle, a pump action shotgun....

Don't think so? Have a look at Europe, Australia and other places around the world.

As a hunter, it is incumbent on people such as you to defend the rights of all of us, including, and maybe even especially so, those who engage in the perfectly legal and scientifically supported hunts that many of us enjoy.
    OK that i can not deny and maybe worded it wrongly, but hopefully you see my point i was making about the money coming in from others that want the resource

Quote Originally Posted by 2La View Post
    Sadly the choice was not scientific, instead a political “forgive me” for continuing the construction of the Site C dam. Im not sayin, I’m just saying...
    You hit the nail on the head!!! Just a "table scrap" and they ate it up. Now this same guy has gotten us into a potential trade war with Berta...the next potential premier of Alberta(Kenney) is threatening to heavily tax or stop BC gas going to Alberta. The wine trick didn't work but taxing BC natural gas....

90 odd % of british columbians who were against the hunt.
    90% of how many people, nobody asked me if I was in favor of the grizzly bear hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    90% of how many people, nobody asked me if I was in favor of the grizzly bear hunt.
    Registered (bought tags, actively hunting) hunters in BC make up about 3-4% of the population, so even if every hunter was for the hunt, that would be 3-4%, 10% is actually not bad, considering there was significant media around how bad the hunt is (multiple documentaries, poor hunter publicity) and almost nothing for it.

This was an easy win for the antis to sway the in-different general public, especially when the 'for' arguments put forward were relatively weak in comparison.

The best thing hunters can do from this experience is learn from it and use some better tactics when the next battle crops up. but first, getting the gov't to start caring about our wildlife is a cause everyone can agree on, so there should be a big push there.
    Last edited by kootenaihunter; 03-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.