Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who killed the grizzly hunt? Infographic

Re: Who killed the grizzly hunt? Infographic

What ended the grizzly hunt, and what will end all hunting, is vomit such as this.

http://wildlife.org/for-most-hunters...s-a-good-hunt/

Hope the link works, and if you can, watch the childish and disgusting cartoon about how we are being studied.

F***ing sickening.

"Pleasure" smiles are greater when hunters pose with dangerous corpses
    Consistent with this conclusion, in an earlier study called "Hunting for Trophies: Online Hunting Photographs Reveal Achievement Satisfaction with Large and Dangerous Prey," researchers K. R. Child and C. T. Darimont with the Raincoast Conservation Foundation and Applied Conservation Science Lab concluded, "that the odds of true 'pleasure' smiles are greater when hunters pose: (a) with versus without prey, (b) with large versus small prey and, (c) with carnivores versus herbivores (among older men)." They go on to write, "We emerge with a generalizable achievement-oriented hypothesis to propose that the prospect of displaying large and/or dangerous prey at least in part underlies the behavior of many contemporary hunters." All in all, "pleasure smiles" are greater when hunters pose with dangerous corpses. For more details about this study please see "Trophy Hunters' Smiles Show How Much They Like to Kill."

Quote Originally Posted by David Heitsman View Post
    In my ill-informed opinion, the You-Tube video of that gut shot boar trying to hold it's footing on the shale and eventually sliding down the snow leaving a trail of red, with the elated hunter giving high fives, playing on a continual basis for a week on my evening news TV set, handed the g-bear decision to us. Posted social media videos and hunting films and TV productions are the galvanizer the anti-hunting groups need to sway the rest of the non-hunting public's opinion
    against us. Think about that when you video your next kill shot... and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!
    You hit the nail on the head. Inappropriate use of social media, and a Liberal Government pandering to their buddies for political donations is what got us here. Hope we all learn from this, and play a smarter hand in future.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    "Pleasure" smiles are greater when hunters pose with dangerous corpses
    Consistent with this conclusion, in an earlier study called "Hunting for Trophies: Online Hunting Photographs Reveal Achievement Satisfaction with Large and Dangerous Prey," researchers K. R. Child and C. T. Darimont with the Raincoast Conservation Foundation and Applied Conservation Science Lab concluded, "that the odds of true 'pleasure' smiles are greater when hunters pose: (a) with versus without prey, (b) with large versus small prey and, (c) with carnivores versus herbivores (among older men)." They go on to write, "We emerge with a generalizable achievement-oriented hypothesis to propose that the prospect of displaying large and/or dangerous prey at least in part underlies the behavior of many contemporary hunters." All in all, "pleasure smiles" are greater when hunters pose with dangerous corpses. For more details about this study please see "Trophy Hunters' Smiles Show How Much They Like to Kill."
    its shit science..it isn't even science. Truth is posted pictures on the web are mostly chosen to please the viewer. They are picked out of the pile not somthing that is a snapshot in time. Posed you could say and then edited. To gain approval,high fives maybe jealousy. The above is click bait shit.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Grizz hunt can start again if we can chance politics,,,leaders..another is if and when couple hikers is gonna mauled by grizz,,,because bears are gonna lose fear of human...that is gonna chance public opinion again( hope that never happend but i am afraid it will)..

Quote Originally Posted by david heitsman View Post
    in my ill-informed opinion, the you-tube video of that gut shot boar trying to hold it's footing on the shale and eventually sliding down the snow leaving a trail of red, with the elated hunter giving high fives, playing on a continual basis for a week on my evening news tv set, handed the g-bear decision to us. Posted social media videos and hunting films and tv productions are the galvanizer the anti-hunting groups need to sway the rest of the non-hunting public's opinion
    against us. Think about that when you video your next kill shot... And keep it to yourself!
    bingo !!!
    bigben

Anti Hunting is a very big business, it's all about the dollars the can collect, People from the cities trying to put their views on the rest of us based of their emotions and not real science

People like jassmen ended the hunt ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Ok i may get my head bitten off for this but....

If eco tours like bear viewing etc had to put back say 5% of what they take (not profit) from the eco tours (whales, bears, etc) direct towards wildlife conservation the same as our hunting tags etc do, would that make it easier to swallow the grizz hunt ban?

For me the ban on the hunt didnt impact me as i didnt hunt for them but i get why so many didnt like the ban. For me it is the fact that all these tours have all these people and are seen as the good guys but so many contribute F*ck All back to what is giving them business, and I believe there is no law requiring them too? (someone more with more knowledge please correct me if i am wrong)
    we know habitat destruction is the main reason for the lower numbers not hunting, why are the gov not collecting more money from the people that benefit from it financially to help assist with stop the destruction?

(obv if i have this completely wrong just tell me, I am a new hunter and slowly learning about a lot of things that i didnt know, so just looking in to the situation with fresh green eyes)

Quote Originally Posted by simonvancouver View Post
    Ok i may get my head bitten off for this but....

If eco tours like bear viewing etc had to put back say 5% of what they take (not profit) from the eco tours (whales, bears, etc) direct towards wildlife conservation the same as our hunting tags etc do, would that make it easier to swallow the grizz hunt ban?

For me the ban on the hunt didnt impact me as i didnt hunt for them but i get why so many didnt like the ban. For me it is the fact that all these tours have all these people and are seen as the good guys but so many contribute F*ck All back to what is giving them business, and I believe there is no law requiring them too? (someone more with more knowledge please correct me if i am wrong)
    we know habitat destruction is the main reason for the lower numbers not hunting, why are the gov not collecting more money from the people that benefit from it financially to help assist with stop the destruction?

(obv if i have this completely wrong just tell me, I am a new hunter and slowly learning about a lot of things that i didnt know, so just looking in to the situation with fresh green eyes)
    The Grizzly hunt ban does impact you even though you don't hunt them.

It was a decision that was based solely on the government (admittedly) deciding that it is "no longer socially acceptable". It had nothing to do with science.

Sooner than you think, powers that be will deem it "no longer socially acceptable" to hunt wolves, deer, rabbits, to own an SKS, posses an auto-loading rifle, a pump action shotgun....

Don't think so? Have a look at Europe, Australia and other places around the world.

As a hunter, it is incumbent on people such as you to defend the rights of all of us, including, and maybe even especially so, those who engage in the perfectly legal and scientifically supported hunts that many of us enjoy.