Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Lee on hunting and wildlife?

Michael Lee on hunting and wildlife?

Anybody know his stance??
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

2. Site Sponsor

Arrow Re: Michael Lee on hunting and wildlife?

He touts the party line in his platform.
    Nothing original, nothing beyond the Liberal Play Book statements.
    He did attempt to garner Fed support with a short open letter to the Hunting & Angling Community.
    Guess that was viewed more or less as pandering as no support followed from anyone.

Largely ignorant to the topic, but willing to suggest he is onside.
    Sound like a regular ol' politico to you?
    Does to me...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Michael Lee on hunting and wildlife?

Sent him the question about his plan for wildlife funding. No response in over 2 weeks. His claim to "know" interior BC during the last debate was lacking any sort of substance. I liked his approach on many issues, but he is green and a city boy through and through.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Sent him the question about his plan for wildlife funding. No response in over 2 weeks. His claim to "know" interior BC during the last debate was lacking any sort of substance. I liked his approach on many issues, but he is green and a city boy through and through.
    Yeah, I sent him questions about wildlife management and in particular the grizzly ban. He hasn't responded. At least Diane Watt's actually called me.

Just don't go with any LM city folk.
    I live here, and I trust none of them that are from around here.
    I doubt Lee would be a good choice for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Yeah, I sent him questions about wildlife management and in particular the grizzly ban. He hasn't responded. At least Diane Watt's actually called me.
    So what did she have to say about the grizzly hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Chaser View Post
    So what did she have to say about the grizzly hunt?
    She said she would use science when managing wildlife, including grizzly, but she would not commit to lifting the ban. Over-all, I felt her answers were fairly political. She definitely didn't overwhelm me with her passion for sound wildlife management.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    She said she would use science when managing wildlife, including grizzly, but she would not commit to lifting the ban. Over-all, I felt her answers were fairly political. She definitely didn't overwhelm me with her passion for sound wildlife management.
    Thats what I expected.

Best thing for any politician, and for hunters, is not to campaign on reopening the grizzly hunt.

Horgan politicized hunting and vilified hunters when he made it an election issue, and now we're teetering close to the brink of losing it all. He used us to get urban latte-sipper votes by making us blood-smeared savages in the city slickers' eyes.

I believe it's best for politicians running against Horgan and Weaver (who called us barbarians) to leave the grizzly debate alone and simply open the season up later on down the road. Most voters have short memories and a party that reopens the hunt with little fanfare in year one or two of a mandate won't suffer much collateral damage come the next election. Those who feel strongly against the hunt will never vote for anyone other than the NDP or Greens anyway, and the majority lump in the middle just want jobs and low taxes.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 01-26-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Your totally wrong their Fisher- Dude , If the politicians can't promise to open the grizzly hunt during a election they sure will not open it once they get into power .
    why would they then create unnesasary problems for them self's ?