Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throwback Thursday

Re: Throwback Thursday

Holy!! Those are amazing!

Sweeeeeeet
    Hunting the promised land

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Not the first time a big muley has kicked my ass, certainly won't be the last. This is why I do what I do. It is all about the Pursuit, the Dream, the Passion, the Desire, the Sweat, the Tears, the Mystery, the Fails and the Learning. All this is wrapped up in this thing called the Hunt. Success isn't just antlers on the wall and meat in the freezer. It is so, so, much bigger than that!

yeh those things are massive, thanks for posting them... and your right about hunting is so much more than a head on the wall or meat in the freezer, I rarely shoot a deer but I hunt Mule deer as much as I can as they are my passion,

I have seen some pretty bigs bucks elude me from where I hunt and I seem to appreciate the hunt more than the end result regardless of what it is.....it never ceases to amaze me how slippery those mature bucks can be and I go back every year and get outsmarted most times........I'm not sure I will ever shoot one as big as the rack your holding but it doesn't matter as it's the mystery of what could be that keeps me coming back year after year.......
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

amazing animal dana..amazing thanks for sharing...very much so thanks.

That is amongst the Best Mulie racks that I have seen. Absolute Cranker.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

wow! insane...

Great share Dana thanks, something to keep me up at night until season rolls around....7 months, 5 days, 19 hours....

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    awesome find. What did they score?
    They are 11x11 and would land somewhere in the 245-250 zone depending on spread. They have 2 broken points that would have made him a 12x12. If they were still intact, it would push him easily over that 250 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    You would have to think that he was close to the area where you found these sheds in November... does the area hold a lot of sheds.... I remember you saying find an area a stick with it... sheesh them are gooders for sure !!!
    With nothing else to go on, I followed that logic. I pounded the area both in the spring and in the fall. I increased the search area in ever widening circles. No luck. No nothing. Finding a giant set like this is both a blessing and a curse. You are happy to have the set but you so desperately want to find another piece to the puzzle. You lie awake at night thinking about it. You wake up in the middle of the night in terror thinking about it. You get up in the morning thinking about it. Hahaha. This guy was nothing but a Mystery. Did he live there or was he passing through when he dropped? Did he die shortly after shedding or was he still alive on the hoof and I would find him when I least expected it. Wolves were all over the area. Especially in 2012 when I found these. As a matter of fact, I spent the last hours of the season that year set up in a blowdown mess, sitting on a very stinky kill, trying to get a poke at one of the many wolves that were in there. They too eluded me.