Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crown land around kamloops

Re: crown land around kamloops

what part of kamloops did you move to...?

ps congrats on the upgrade in location lol

I live in pacific way, I heard on a different thread that there is an "unofficial" range kind of thing 6km before the gas station in savona, anyone know if you can still go to this place? Seems like it would be closer to me than tranquille as I live in the Aberdeen-pacific way area

Quote Originally Posted by Willstockton20 View Post
    how far far do you have to go to be outside city limits?
    Head up the hill after crossing the tracks couple of switch backs gets ya up to a cattle guard, cross it ... take the first left ... this will take ya into the Red Plateau country ..keep an eye out for the sheep they are always nice to see...heck you can continue on and make the loop to Red lake or up to Porcupine ridge... Carbine Hills behind the lake... or Kelly Flats to the left .. down to Savona ... Nice drive ... if your lookin fer a place to shoot ... there’s tons of places up there...

up on pacific way head back up coquihalla take exit...shoot

Go up Bachelor Heights, past Pass lake a couple km's take the rh fork. Drive until the juction with O'Connor lake fsr. Good gravel bank, flat, but usually has garbage around from the kids of sh*tty parents.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by Willstockton20 View Post
    I live in pacific way, I heard on a different thread that there is an "unofficial" range kind of thing 6km before the gas station in savona, anyone know if you can still go to this place? Seems like it would be closer to me than tranquille as I live in the Aberdeen-pacific way area
    Yes there is a pullout with target backers a bench and a garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    Yes there is a pullout with target backers a bench and a garbage can.
    Make sure you use the garbage can. I try to leave that site cleaner then when I came, hate to see the gate get locked.

Maybe somebody could take the contents of their garbage with them! Kinda like when you go into the bush.

It's the old Savona Rod and Gun Club range,and it is private land but as long as it is kept clean and cared for the gate will not be locked.Grew up out there and shot hundreds of rounds out there and lots of other people do use it, even had the rcmp stop by for a BS one day while I was checking rifles before hunting season one year.I try to stop by and clean up every now and then.