Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wapiti Wednesday

Re: Wapiti Wednesday

thats not a cysts...thats last time i went hunting with iron sites...lol

That is an ear tag with the #71 on it. I often wondered how he got that ear tag. Finally a few weeks ago a photographer tagged me in a photo from 2011 where this bull had much of his rack sawed off and was wearing a fresh ear tag. Turns out in his younger years he was very aggressive and liked to chase cars.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    He uses a point and shoot. I asked in another thread.

He should consider investing in a used DSLR and a zoom lens

I think a decent DSLR can be had for $350-400 used.

I bought a refurbished 55-300mm lens on ebay for $199USD .... pretty cheap way to get into 300mm
    I currently like the fact that I can beat the crap out of my Coolpix and there is no consquence. I would not trust buying used online. Way too many people like me that don't take care of stuff. i just play and have fun doing what I do. I will eventually get a real camera and it won't be cheap when I do.

Fair enough, but stuff that isn't taken care of shows it pretty easily. Also with a DSLR you can get a shutter count that shows how many pics the camera has taken and that's an indication of how much it has been used as well.

Anyways, full frame with a big zoom lens is great for wildlife but crazy expensive .... crazy expensive.

Fair enough, but stuff that isn't taken care of shows it pretty easily. Also with a DSLR you can get a shutter count that shows how many pics the camera has taken and that's an indication of how much it has been used as well.

Anyways, full frame with a big zoom lens is great for wildlife but crazy expensive .... crazy expensive.
    Not any more expensive than what many spend on hunting gear these days. I have plenty of friends with giant cameras. If it is your passion, you will find a way to make it work out. For me, I currently like spending my money having adventures and not worrying about perfect image quality. What I get for images is just fine for the memory bank.

Thats probably why I can't afford full frame ..... spent all my money on hunting gear lol .....

Awsome pic.thanks for sharing

Chasing cars!!! Dam park elk
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Yup, in that case stick with a Canon or Nikon for finding cheaper used zoom lenses. (especially f2.8's)
    Way more of them on CL due to more owners of that brand.
    All my lenses are used, in mint shape, and so far so good.
    Just don't buy Sony if you are trying to keep costs down, but great cameras.

Great pictures
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”