Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FIGHT, do something .......

Re: FIGHT, do something .......

Steve you are on fire man!! Thanks for the great work you have been doing all along. You are providing the fuel for us all to start speaking out intelligently.If we don't start doing our part soon their could be nothing to fight for, whether it be the predators or the people that want us to live in cities like good little zombies. Thanks steve

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Friends, the problem is, within our circle, there are some very stupid, ignorant and vitriolic people who make a bad name on social media for us, regardless of our responses. When we see these types of people, we need to vehemently oppose their delivery while bringing honest and open discussion.

The right leaning position has been to quote facts and this largely worked, up until the last decade or so. Now, too many people care more about their precious feelings than facts when it comes to conservation (and other topics mind you). If you want examples of what we are dealing with, I urge you to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54 . Remember, in our post-modern society truth doesn't matter.

Regardless of this, like Steve said, we need to start taking back social media with a united front. We need to provide ample answers and respectful dialogue, showing that we are the champions of conservation, that our sport is a valid and ethical way to procure meat and that our way of life is worth protecting. If anyone knows of resources or sources that we can compile valid research, I'm all ears. We can do this. We can preserve hunting as a way of life for future generations but we need to go with a united front. It'll be tough but it starts with each of us.

So I ask you, who today have you engaged with to explain why recreational hunting is worth having?
    so true, already a few times I have shared posts re pred hunting or from Steves page. Then I have one of my dumb buddies go and put a comment that portrays us in abad light

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    so true, already a few times I have shared posts re pred hunting or from Steves page. Then I have one of my dumb buddies go and put a comment that portrays us in abad light
    Light EM up ! He's most likely just another one of the Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Friends, the problem is, within our circle, there are some very stupid, ignorant and vitriolic people who make a bad name on social media for us, regardless of our responses. When we see these types of people, we need to vehemently oppose their delivery while bringing honest and open discussion.

The right leaning position has been to quote facts and this largely worked, up until the last decade or so. Now, too many people care more about their precious feelings than facts when it comes to conservation (and other topics mind you). If you want examples of what we are dealing with, I urge you to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54 . Remember, in our post-modern society truth doesn't matter.

Regardless of this, like Steve said, we need to start taking back social media with a united front. We need to provide ample answers and respectful dialogue, showing that we are the champions of conservation, that our sport is a valid and ethical way to procure meat and that our way of life is worth protecting. If anyone knows of resources or sources that we can compile valid research, I'm all ears. We can do this. We can preserve hunting as a way of life for future generations but we need to go with a united front. It'll be tough but it starts with each of us.

So I ask you, who today have you engaged with to explain why recreational hunting is worth having?
    I hear ya...I'm one of the guilty ones not on FB, but I explain the science behind hunting to pretty much every non hunter I know.....and great work once again Proguide..

All the separate clubs, websites, associations, etc., need to stop infighting (if it exists), wringing hands, gnashing teeth over the anti's, and develop concrete strategies for social media, community and media engagement.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    All the separate clubs, websites, associations, etc., need to stop infighting (if it exists), wringing hands, gnashing teeth over the anti's, and develop concrete strategies for social media, community and media engagement.
    Someone had a good point.
    Most hunters work all day long, and don't have the time to sit and campaign.
    The Anti's have the time, and the funding for that, so, that's the first hurdle.

I'm not sure if everyone has seen my thread in the newbies section.

I've made a public offer to any person wanting to learn anything about hunting or an outdoors lifestyle. I've has a few people get in contact with me and so far it's been some what productive.

We don't all have time to wage a massive campaign but by helping the odd person here and there I think I am helping a bit. Who doesn't like to talk about hunting and shoot rifles? This way I'm doing something pro active also.

I encourage other members to get over to the newbie section and join me. It's a small plan but at least it's educational.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    I'm as guilty of not posting simply cause I do not feel like defending my sport that day. When that happens to me, I usually send the buddy a message and let me know how it makes us look and then delete the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I hear ya...I'm one of the guilty ones not on FB, but I explain the science behind hunting to pretty much every non hunter I know.....and great work once again Proguide..

I honestly only use social media so people who don't have my number have a way to contact me. Good work on that gents. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Someone had a good point.
    Most hunters work all day long, and don't have the time to sit and campaign.
    The Anti's have the time, and the funding for that, so, that's the first hurdle.
    "I can't because I work..." That is the first excuse to facilitating defeat. Most anti's work too. And it is a preconception, myth, etc., to think otherwise.

Social media strategies don't require an 8 - 4 timetable. We need to be flexible and creative in our approaches.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..