Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIGHT, do something .......

FIGHT, do something .......

Here's an idea of why, who and how they are winning the fight. Check out the numbers of the anti reach to non hunting people via social media. These guys are slaughtering us via social media. WHY? cause none of us are doing shit. Its time to catch up with 'the Times' you guys and gals. Many of you on here pride yourselves as not being on "crack book". Well guess what,its a tool and its killing your shit.
    Instagram and Facebook are the worlds #1 and #2 methods of marketing today - period. Its not a kids game, not an 'embarrassing place to be' its just the way the world has changed. And it is leaving many hunters in the dust, especially ones who want to be followed ( hunting show dorks). To win the fight, content needs to be produced ( GOOD content) with honest facts and delivered the exact same way as the winning team. Only counter with honesty. A new flavour of delivery needs to be nailed down to ensure attention and success. This fight is winnable believe it or not, its just a mind set. But SOMEONE has to DO IT !!!!!

One of the moves we are going to do with the mentioned new group, ( besides growing ungulates), is serious content and delivery non stop via social media. It wont be geared up for hunters, only for non hunters. This is where the ego freak 'watch me' hunters are missing the boat. They deliver TO hunters with hunting products. Good for them but that aint doing SHIT for us - period. A new flavour of delivery needs to be created from us to the non hunting community. Hunting needs to be presented for what it is, natural, healthy and positive for all involved. It needs to be CLEAR and easily seen it is healthy for all game as well.
    Think about it, tell me WHO is doing this now?? what celeb?? what group? conservation club?? Each of the mentioned is delivering ONLY to hunters on average for their cash. Well, hunters already have hunters....we need to deliver to non hunters in a BIG WAY !!! Chew on this thought a bit !

See below the reach of the anti, its HUGE. See the reach of my one post from 3 days ago. This is another example of web sites and forums doing SHIT. Hunters 'BSing' with hunters, going in circles, nothing happening. I started a thread about doing something two weeks ago ( i think), it has a lot of trafic only its mostly the same people. I made a post on social media and in 3 days its hit over 30k individual people. Not bad but it will get better. I strongly suggest you all THINK about

The fight has started....need more warriors, REAL ONES !!!

Last edited by proguide66; 01-23-2018 at 10:51 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FIGHT, do something .......

I agree with this 100% its definitely not a threat to be disregarded or scoffed at. This is how people are getting their news, getting inspired, creating conversations, and most dangerous to hunting, some are getting empowered to fight a battle due to activists and their anti hunting posts.
    We need to educate as well as discredit these pseudo conservation groups. It needs to be smart, accurate and truthful to the real world and real conservation. We need people to question what they really think and whether they will let a non fact based group sway their thoughts and take their money.
    I have an instagram account that reaches a few people that I will start to engage in such a manner.

Steve, did you make it to the Wolf awareness thing in Squamish tonight??

Agreed!
    Post educational content that explains conservation and why its important. Try to refrain from posting photos of dead animals, ESPECIALLY if they're bloody; if they're bloodied up cover it up with some dirt. Remember, we're focusing on educating people about why hunting is important for the environment. Pictures of live animals, beautiful scenery, happy hunters are all positive. Posting the meat and meals you've made from your quarry is good too! However, right now in this early stage people aren't ready nor wanting to see dead animals.
    Also using hashtags, especially on instagram, is important in reaching a new demographic that are not hunters. Don't target hunters but target those concerned with the ENVIRONMENT and CONSERVATION and all of the large mammals that seem to get the attention and concern.

Thumbs up Re: FIGHT, do something .......

More than willing to take it to them Buddy!
    Been following what you've been up to on FB, and it is getting wide circulation.
    Good Stuff!
    Need More!

Working on it...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Friends, the problem is, within our circle, there are some very stupid, ignorant and vitriolic people who make a bad name on social media for us, regardless of our responses. When we see these types of people, we need to vehemently oppose their delivery while bringing honest and open discussion.

The right leaning position has been to quote facts and this largely worked, up until the last decade or so. Now, too many people care more about their precious feelings than facts when it comes to conservation (and other topics mind you). If you want examples of what we are dealing with, I urge you to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54 . Remember, in our post-modern society truth doesn't matter.

Regardless of this, like Steve said, we need to start taking back social media with a united front. We need to provide ample answers and respectful dialogue, showing that we are the champions of conservation, that our sport is a valid and ethical way to procure meat and that our way of life is worth protecting. If anyone knows of resources or sources that we can compile valid research, I'm all ears. We can do this. We can preserve hunting as a way of life for future generations but we need to go with a united front. It'll be tough but it starts with each of us.

So I ask you, who today have you engaged with to explain why recreational hunting is worth having?

proguide66, where can I follow your Facebook and Instagram? I agree 100% with your approach.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Friends, the problem is, within our circle, there are some very stupid, ignorant and vitriolic people who make a bad name on social media for us, regardless of our responses. When we see these types of people, we need to vehemently oppose their delivery while bringing honest and open discussion.

The right leaning position has been to quote facts and this largely worked, up until the last decade or so. Now, too many people care more about their precious feelings than facts when it comes to conservation (and other topics mind you). If you want examples of what we are dealing with, I urge you to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54 . Remember, in our post-modern society truth doesn't matter.

Regardless of this, like Steve said, we need to start taking back social media with a united front. We need to provide ample answers and respectful dialogue, showing that we are the champions of conservation, that our sport is a valid and ethical way to procure meat and that our way of life is worth protecting. If anyone knows of resources or sources that we can compile valid research, I'm all ears. We can do this. We can preserve hunting as a way of life for future generations but we need to go with a united front. It'll be tough but it starts with each of us.

So I ask you, who today have you engaged with to explain why recreational hunting is worth having?

At work I constantly let people know that I hunt and why I hunt. Also the benefits that hunting provides. I work in environment where there is a lot of people who don't understand hunting. I also have provide them samples of what I harvested when they are interested so they can taste and see the benefits first hand

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Steve, did you make it to the Wolf awareness thing in Squamish tonight??
    Where do people hear of these things?? I missed the gbear one as well because I had no clue it was happening. Seems Squamish has quite a few of these things and I have no excuse to miss them only I just don't know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    Where do people hear of these things?? I missed the gbear one as well because I had no clue it was happening. Seems Squamish has quite a few of these things and I have no excuse to miss them only I just don't know about them.
    Facebook, you gotta mingle with the anti's to keep up with what they're doing.

Stop the grizzly killing
    Stop the Wolf killing
    Wolf awareness inc.

Those are a few pages to watch.