Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shifting Focus: Is it time?

Re: Shifting Focus: Is it time?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Any organizations that are willing to change tactics and become more aggressive in promoting hunting and our way of life should receive support from all user groups
    Welcome back DD!
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

This is something that should be backed by all hunters

Absolutely! We need a coherent strategy to start promoting our image while undertaking worthy causes to counter the anti rhetoric. I hope this is on the WSS Convention agenda coming up!
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Some ideas:

- all hunting, fish/game clubs and organizations need to commit to regular habitat and conservation projects and do media and social media releases about them
    - raffles and other fund-raising activities for give-away 'dream hunts' to support sick kids or individuals who would never be able to hunt or hunt again - splashed all over media - a lot of conventions are directed to support of the organization and membership. Need to broaden that thinking.
    - stock posters and images that convey conservation, pro-hunting messages
    - talking points and conversation strategies that all hunters can use in the public when questions or challenges arise
    - advocacy with politicians done by the backing of organized hunting/conservation groups so that politicians know there is money and votes that are on the line
    - develop strategies and talking points that assert why hunting is a noble, valuable and healthy choice (i.e. - clean food, you eat store meat - I eat clean meat, we all have a choice about our food sources, our ancestors went hunting to survive, circle of life, etc.)
    - develop a list of and promote sensible hunting-related practices that don't draw the ire of peta-sensitive social media (i.e. we need to behave in a way that doesn't give anti's ammunition)
    - develop programs that target opportunities to grow hunting like women in hunting, children's programs, activities like that. The biggest growing group in hunting right now is coming from women. What is the hunting community doing to tap into, support and promote that growth?
    - how are the hunting groups cooperating and communicating with each other: BCWF, GOABC, F & G clubs, WSS, DU, First Nations communities. This fight will all land on our door step one day.
    - what are other organizations doing where the anti crowd is in full fight?

This may challenge some of the status quo, old time hunter crowd (because we tend to be conservative and stuck in our views! ;P). But we need to realize that we may be embarking on the 'battle of our lives' in defending our heritage and we need to adapt, be conscious of our actions and be way more savvy and coordinated in our response about how we promote our actions and image.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    Some ideas:

- all hunting, fish/game clubs and organizations need to commit to regular habitat and conservation projects and do media and social media releases about them
    - raffles and other fund-raising activities for give-away 'dream hunts' to support sick kids or individuals who would never be able to hunt or hunt again - splashed all over media - a lot of conventions are directed to support of the organization and membership. Need to broaden that thinking.
    - stock posters and images that convey conservation, pro-hunting messages
    - talking points and conversation strategies that all hunters can use in the public when questions or challenges arise
    - advocacy with politicians done by the backing of organized hunting/conservation groups so that politicians know there is money and votes that are on the line
    - develop strategies and talking points that assert why hunting is a noble, valuable and healthy choice (i.e. - clean food, you eat store meat - I eat clean meat, we all have a choice about our food sources, our ancestors went hunting to survive, circle of life, etc.)
    - develop a list of and promote sensible hunting-related practices that don't draw the ire of peta-sensitive social media (i.e. we need to behave in a way that doesn't give anti's ammunition)
    - develop programs that target opportunities to grow hunting like women in hunting, children's programs, activities like that. The biggest growing group in hunting right now is coming from women. What is the hunting community doing to tap into, support and promote that growth?
    - how are the hunting groups cooperating and communicating with each other: BCWF, GOABC, F & G clubs, WSS, DU, First Nations communities. This fight will all land on our door step one day.
    - what are other organizations doing where the anti crowd is in full fight?

This may challenge some of the status quo, old time hunter crowd (because we tend to be conservative and stuck in our views! ;P). But we need to realize that we may be embarking on the 'battle of our lives' in defending our heritage and we need to adapt, be conscious of our actions and be way more savvy and coordinated in our response about how we promote our actions and image.
    Excellent post!

Hopefully we can start by keeping a thread like this on track FOR ONCE!!!

Dedicating funding, that builds awareness and ultimately acceptance to the non-hunting community, is the universal strategy regardless of who drives the bus.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Just don't preach to the choir...I guess maybe a page from raincoast social science experiment on this hunting forum..take any advice from avid hunters with a grain of salt. Hunters is not who you need to convert.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Just don't preach to the choir...I guess maybe a page from raincoast social science experiment on this hunting forum..take any advice from avid hunters with a grain of salt. Hunters is not who you need to convert.
    ahh.....there ya go Horshur! Good point, I agree.

These old, established, hunter based conservation groups like the wild sheep society, rocky mountain elk, ducks unlimited have done some heavy lifting over the years. Judt to get the general public to see the work they have done would be a huge step for all of us. Hats off to these conservationists.

Another example of why we need to get active and stand up to the antis. Larry pynn spewing more of his fake tabloid quality news

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...n-officers/amp