Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2017 Elk

Re: My 2017 Elk

Good stuff charlie-horse.Super intense getting a bull like that!Congrats

Some funk going on there.
    Love the trez's.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Best story I have ever read. Congrats on a bull of a hundred lifetimes. Most badass thirds on an elk ever. Ps get off the Copenhagen. Let me tell u nothing is as scary as looking at ur hunting partner with half a face.

Best hunt that has been posted on here in 2017 by far. Congrats. That is an incredible elk.

Can someone explain what is it with these Region 2 monsters? I saw a pic of the one that got taken out of the Upper Pitt River and thing was insane too. Mass and points all over the place. Where'd they get the genetics for these reg 2 elk?

Edit: Where does this sucker rank in the BC book now? I'm no elk hunter but 447 has got to be up there, right?
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 01-26-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Best hunt that has been posted on here in 2017 by far. Congrats. That is an incredible elk.

Can someone explain what is it with these Region 2 monsters? I saw a pic of the one that got taken out of the Upper Pitt River and thing was insane too. Mass and points all over the place. Where'd they get the genetics for these reg 2 elk?

Edit: Where does this sucker rank in the BC book now? I'm no elk hunter but 447 has got to be up there, right?
    If he scores at anywhere near 440 or 447 this my HBC friends is the NEW WORLD RECORD Record for Boone and Crockett and SCI and BC Record books. Kyle any idea when a Master Scorer who can measure TREX will happen??
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Well done sir. You definitely put your time and effort into that bull, congrats!
    His thirds are unreal...
    Thanks for the great story.
    Cheers
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

if that score is close to accurate, that bull will be the new World Record Rosie.

Incredible bull. Congrats. Enjoy it

Hmm find a official qualified scorer. .do it Now..just saying. .
    I already knew the bull was wicked awesome..
    But my friend so was the account...he sure soaked up the lead.
    Well done.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by WKCotts View Post
    if that score is close to accurate, that bull will be the new World Record Rosie.

Incredible bull. Congrats. Enjoy it
    Well I just looked it up. It seems B&C have just one category for Rosies and the world record is listed at at 404 6/8 .... at 447 taping in camp he would've had to make a lot of mistakes if it's not a new #1 lol.

Damn, is that ever a nice elk.

IIRC the world record was broken in 2016 by another British Columbia bull scoring in the 420’s. That bull is currently awaiting panel scoring before it can be officially named the new world record. There are plenty of B&C scorers in this province.

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/13293b...37ee0100ed.pdf