Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunters: To protect our social licence, we have to stop killing animals we don’t eat

Re: Hunters: To protect our social licence, we have to stop killing animals we don’t

The reason I like forums for hunting better than places like Facebook, is you can tell the whole story with picture aids. Facebook is just pictures and rapid fire comments. I like instagram for hunting and fishing pictures too. It's hard for anti's to pick people and go after them. When you search hunting pictures or I guess hash tags, there's so much content, it's like a zebra effect.

Re: Hunters: To protect our social licence, we have to stop killing animals we don’t

The issue isn't BCWF, if you ask me.
    Yes, it is mostly comprised of hunters, done by hunters, nut don't forget the one word in their title ..."Wildlife".
    Yes they advocate for hunting, and try to do what they can, but it's one group.
    How many Anti groups are out there????
    Hunters are the problem, they think that come next season, they will just go out hunting, like it's a god given right.
    Sorry folks, times are changing, and if you don't spend time advocating for hunting, you will lose it eventually, and
    watching how social media is "spinning it against us" should be plain as day by now.
    Not surprised at the article, but I am disappointed how it is being portrayed.

These groups are way more funded then bcwf that is part of the problem

why does it matter what a persons motivations regarding harvest of grizzly is for vain reasons? Taking it away so that grizzly are killed for nuisance, livestock, safety reasons still results in a dead bear. It also results in hide and skull destroyed which otherwise would be appreciated. At least the vain person regards the bear higher then the paid assassin who after killing it then throws the once noble creature in the town dump...to rot with all the rest af society's throwaways. No story, no rug to don a wall. No pictures. No history. Forgotten forever.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

The article is a ploy to divide hunters...if certain segments of the community don't get took in hand...us "real hunters" will lose out. Darimont is a snake.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Nope..........
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

In the article Darimont claims he is a hunter, but he’s definitely not the type I’ve ever shared a campfire with...
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckler View Post
    In the article Darimont claims he is a hunter, but he’s definitely not the type I’ve ever shared a campfire with...
    He's anything but a hunter.

More like another, Raincoast sociopath fraud, living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...
    Last edited by Ohwildwon; 01-23-2018 at 10:29 PM.
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Wow! This guy is something else! Did he really insinuate that he is a hunter???
    Grizzly bears down. Now on to cougars. Unreal!

Even if that pinko tree hugger does hunt deer for the clean natural meat, and I've heard of some...we REAL hunters know and understand that science-based hunting is the best thing for the animal populations and for our ability to enjoy the sport and be able to take home some game. The important thing is the numbers and the health of the population, if there's a good thriving population then it's in the animal's best interest that we harvest the surplus so they don't over-populate and die of starvation and disease, which is a hell of a lot less humane than a well aimed bullet. Deer can over-populate, black bears, and cougars too...man has taken the best fertile valleys where the deer and other ungulates used to winter, and their hills and mountains can only sustain a certain number in winter. We took a hand in the game, and it's now our responsibility to manage their numbers to keep their populations healthy, and hunting is the best tool for that. We have to get that message out to non-hunters and make sure new hunters get it too, so they can explain what they do to folks that want to know before they form an opinion: for or against us. By the way, we know about trichinosis affecting bears at times, but I've had the pleasure to eat cougar meat a few times now, and always found it delicious- who told that moron tree hugger you can't eat cougar?
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!