Thread: Bear in dog grooming shop kamloops

Bear in dog grooming shop kamloops

Okay Just thought I would share a funny story.

I came home from work one Friday evening and sitting on my deck I look across the valley and a huge male blackbear is in the neighbours field.

Having been requested previously to harvest this bear I naturally grab the 338 and walk over.

as the beast fed on the clover I closed the distance too 150 yds..

Laid down aimed. boom dead bear.

The neighbour came over and loaded the bear in the tractor and drove it to my hanging pole.

once all cleaned up I went to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning I knew it was going to be a warm day so I loaded the bear up and headed for my friend Eriks butcher shop off Victoria street down town Kamloops.

at 9am the sun was shining and I wanted to get this beast into the cooler.

so I didn't even pay attention I just loaded a quarter on my shoulder and proceeded into my friendly sausage shop so I thought.

as I walked in the door with a quarter on my shoulder the door shut and I looked around..

There must have been 10 dogs getting groomed by these ladies the dogs went busirk running everywhere and the ladies started screaming stuff was flying everywhere I ran out.

I looked at the sign on the door and it said dog grooming lol.

sadly Erik had shut his shop down and I guess the new tenants didn't like dead bears lol.

I found a new shop and got my smoked hams and peperoni done by Erik still where he works now.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear in dog grooming shop kamloops

HA, love it. Wish I could have seen the look on their faces
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I came home one time with a quartered bear wrapped in a tarp on top of my pickup.

I was just unwrapping it to take the first piece in the house to butcher it when Virginia, one of the neighbours, came by walking her dog.

She was a rather snooty English woman who obviously thought she was at least several class levels above the rest of us peons. Well, her German shepherd got adjacent to the truck, and want ballistic. Her hair stood up on the back of her neck, all over really, right down to the end of her tail, she went tense and aggressive on the leash, barking and barking and barking at the truck. It was all Virginia could do to hang onto the leash.

"Freda is sure interested in what you've got there," she said.

"Yeah, it's a bear," I said, taking the whole front leg and shoulder down with a big hairy paw on the end, and hoisted it up on my shoulder. "I've been hunting."

"Oh," she said, at a loss for words, her English accent thickening as she spoke. "That's very interesting." She dragged Freda the dog away and walked away as fast as she could.

Hahaha nice.

That would have been priceless!
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Walks with the bear?....you could feed all little yapper dogs in grooming store with that bear meat....

-
    Ha hahaha.. beauty

I get a kick out of the reaction of dogs to animal carcasses, whether they've ever been exposed to it or not they'll be real interested in deer or moose meat in a brand new pack of chow opening ceremony kind of interested, with a little more enthusiasm. If its a bear its more high alert, anger, I want to kill that thing!
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    -
    Ha hahaha.. beauty

I get a kick out of the reaction of dogs to animal carcasses, whether they've ever been exposed to it or not they'll be real interested in deer or moose meat in a brand new pack of chow opening ceremony kind of interested, with a little more enthusiasm. If its a bear its more high alert, anger, I want to kill that thing!
    I had my 10 month old griff on her first E.K. hunting trip last fall. One evening when we came back to camp and I let her out of the truck she just went berserk, screaming/howling like a banshee. A grizzy had come into our camp and taken a half of my 3 point WT,,,,didn't touch the other smaller one. All that evening she never left the flat deck trailer, just staring out in the bush, tail tucked, barking like mad every so often,,,,, likely because the bear kept circling back.

Needless to say we kept our firearms in the opened door wall tent that night,,,,,pulled the generator inside, as well, just in case we had to fire it up to light up the area. At about four in the morning I felt the dog get up, walk to the door, and then suddenly she did her banshee scenario all over again. We're glad we had her with us because she turned out to be a pretty good alarm system when that bear was around. Luckily we were leaving a couple of days later.

IMG_0671 by Brent Davy, on Flickr

Its amazing eh mastercaster its hard wired in them. I've had and been around a lot of dogs seeing their first black bear and the reaction is the same every time they're after them like a crazed thing. Good looking pooch there
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this