Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trapping wolves in north eastern BC

Re: Trapping wolves in north eastern BC

Great job so far Tanner, looking forward to your updates!
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Good job. What kind of truck to you have? I ahve an F150 and found a faulty or loose fuel pump fuse. bought new one and jammed it in hard and no problems so far. It's fuse 27 on panel on rad.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

guest Guest

Hats off to you Tanner, I know your run to town ...... Isn't just around the corner. It's a major haul for him guys, parts stores are one every several hundred miles. If that.

So cudos to you, your dedication, your Pops help, your yard work to make things better for all wildlife. Good on ya
    Last edited by guest; 01-22-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added

Great thread Tanner. Keep it up

Giving this thread a bump up, I know Tanner is working hard to catch what he can.
    I grew up just down the road from him, (kinda related lol) we started trapping around the same time but we went to different careers as we grew older. Sometimes wish I could still get out trapping as it has it's charm for sure. And I'd love to take out a bunch of wolves! But for now I'll just have to promise to do my best to take out any that I see with my logging truck.

Good work Tanner!

Guys who hunt the north, open your wallets and help Tanner help YOU!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Well done, Tanner. You're hard work is appeciated.

Hey guys, I haven't died, just busy. I will update on Tuesday I got the pickup going, sort of

Thanks Tanner.

January 23
    Borrowed Dad's pickup to go up the highway to set out some marten boxes and check the line.

When trapping in the mountains here most of the trails are on creeks and rivers. The same place the wolves typically travel. This is different from the flat ground closer to Fort Nelson. When putting in these trails I am often following wolf tracks and am watching where they are going trying to get in there head so to speak. Looking for opportunities. It makes sense to me to put in the trail and set it up for wolves first. Then add sets for other animals after in the places that don't interfere with the wolf sets. Marten, wolverine and such are easily called in with bait and lure. And rarely have the caution canines do. So I don't think this method hurts there catch much. And am sure catches more wolves. Wolves are the priority, the other fur helps with the expenses.
    January 24
    Spent the night in an old cabin on the line. Added some more wolf snares before heading out. On the way out I picked up a marten in one of the traps I'd set yesterday!