Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Season Pictures

2017/18 Season Pictures

Well yesterday was a wrap on the duck season for us. All in all a very good season for the books. I was fortunate enough to get the invite with Field Marshal on quite a few hunts this season, as well as making some trips to the salt with Dad. With a combination of school and jobs there was some difficulty getting out at the beginning of the season, but the days that were spent in the blind were full of lots of laughs, and lots of ducks. We haven't seen too much goose action so far, but with spring goose season just around the corner we're hoping our luck will carry over. Side note; with Photobucket changing their policies, I've had to resort to using a different photo website, so hopefully this works...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2017/18 Season Pictures

Nice pics! That little hole in the first pic looks cool. Is that in a marsh or a flooded field?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

guest Guest

Great pics and results fellas, looks like you have had some terrific times shared together. Thanks for the share.
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Nice pics! That little hole in the first pic looks cool. Is that in a marsh or a flooded field?
    That’s actually Field Marshals regular field. It didn’t get planted last year so lots of swamp grass grew in. Ducks were coming into the hole with the pond on a suicide mission till the snow knocked all the grass down.

Looks like a great season!
    Love the pics with the dogs.

Great pictures everyone.
    We had a great season, probably the best yet! I hunted solo on the last day. Seems the bird numbers are building again in my area, the last two weeks saw us limiting out a few times and over most of december we didn't bag a lot of birds (during the freeze).
    My young female Buddi is looking good. Remi has been very good again this year in her third season.
    A few pics from last friday:

We also did a hunt this year with Lucas Oke who hosts some episodes of Canada Hunts West on Wild TV. We had a great 3 days while he hunted with us, may have been our best 3 days in a row ever (we even gave the camera guy a gun and he limited out one day too)! Lots of good footage I'm sure, so keep an eye out. I have no idea if and when it will air though....
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Did a traveling decoy this year. Dedicated it to my father, Bill Otway, and sent it off to a fellow in Minnesota. He passed it on after a couple hunts and it made it to Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri, and Florida. Some nice photos and funny stories. Guy took it to his poker game, another guy had it in his deer stand, and lots of cool pictures.
    I started it off with our Youth hunt and our opening weekend, I got it back the night before the closing day and it's in the photo with my dogs.
    It's a nice keepsake and I'll keep the journal I included in the shipment placed alongside my photos and decoy.
    The badge on the bag was one my father had made up and he passed them along when he went on trips. I have lots of them and pass them out on hunts to new guys who wiff on 3 shots!

A fun thing to do, next year we all plan to send one so everyone always has one and gets one back at the end of the season.

Last edited by Dano; 01-25-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Great thread! Great pictures! Exactly what it's all about
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”