Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D tourneys in the lower mainland

3D tourneys in the lower mainland

I am thinking I might want to go try one out.
    I was doing a little surfing and see Burnaby has a flat field 3D.
    What's that?

Also how hard is a round of 3D shooting? I am a very novice shooter.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3D tournies in the lowe mainland

I have shot a couple of 3D's at the burnaby field, they are alot of fun.It is a course laid out across the field with 2 sets of animals one for traditional and one for compound.If i remember correctlt it was something like 20 targets per round, and i believe each round was $5.00.I have shot as many as 4 rounds in a day it is difficult.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Re: 3D tourneys in the lower mainland

crap darn it, how do I fix a typo in the title?....

The 3D sounds like fun. Are there backstops for the targets? What happens if you miss estimate the yardage? Or are rangefinders allowed?

At what distance are these shot?

Do you just show up on the day?

So many question for my pursuit of 'fun'....

thanks

4pts....
    Last edited by 4ptbuck; 08-15-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: damn typos....

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4ptbuck View Post
    crap darn it, how do I fix a typo in the title?....

The 3D sounds like fun. Are there backstops for the targets? What happens if you miss estimate the yardage? Or are rangefinders allowed?

At what distance are these shot?

Do you ojust show up on the day?

So many question for my pursuit of 'fun'....

thanks

4pts....
    There ya go typos fixed.

Last time I shot a flat field 3D at Burnaby it was indeed 20 targets.......all placed out on the flat open field at varying distances - from one side of the field to the other.

Everyone paid $5.00 per round (20 targets) and shot from a line. In the few shoots that I did the line was a rope, laid down on the grass from one side of then field to the other. Everyone shot from the rope. The closest shot was something like 15 yds or so. The furthest shot might be 45 yds.

And yes - just show up about 15 or 20 minutes before the start time so you can sign up and pay your fee.

Does that make sense?

I think I'll go give this a try...

BowWalker pretty much has it right all shots are from varied distances at different animals.The last one i shot the distances were approx 15-60 yards.There were bears, deer ,turkey, even an alligator.No backstops if you miss you will most likely be pullin your arrow out of the ground, they can be hard to find if it has been raining, and you'll want rubber boots if it has been raining the field gets pretty muddy.I think i only lost one arrow the first time i shot but bring a couple extra's.If you have any other questions feel free to pm me and i'll see if i can help you.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Hey 4pter , For your first 3-d shoot I would recomend Semiahmoo 19th Aug . Realistic close course and no time restraints (flat field shoot) with lots of help available .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Hey Semiahmoo is this weekend. Anybody want to take newbie out under their wing? Or is 3D a solo game?

Hey 4pter, No problem . You can lookout for me(hat) and put up with a bunch of roudy trad guys or I can line you up wirh a good compound squad . Be there by 8:30. Cheers

REMEMBWER -- Keep Your Fingertab On -
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

One more question.... How many arrows are shot per target? How many arrows will I need for the the shoot? Also what's the cost?
    Last edited by 4ptbuck; 08-17-2007 at 03:07 PM.