Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comments.

Post Re: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comment

I don't care how close they get, haven't had problems yet. Have been way close to some (ALIVE) Bears, BB much closer than Griz. It was a lil' guy just over 2yo weighin' in (by my best estimation - again, was very close) right about 180. Came down out of a tree right in front of me while still hunting... i scared it a good one but gave space and it took off post haste, haven't been seen by me again, little bear sign in that area generally anyhow.
    I do care (THIS IS THE THRESHOLD) how the Bear acts and what it tries to do. If I sense any disrespect I will square the Bear up. Can't having a Bear eating a next guy's kid or what have you! Yikes.

Fortunately attacks, while well known when they happen, are relatively rare I deem being afeared of/worrying about Bear attacks a waste of time. If it happnes it happens, odds of being attack by Bear is 100% for those that have been. Be prepared & Bear aware!

Re: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comment

Time to read Sheldon's book again ! I think I would also like a BK9 on my belt, hopefully drive it home if I was being mauled. Who knows how one will react in the face of danger !
    Arctic Lake

Re: What would you do if you Encountered a Grizzly, what are your thresholds. Comment

To the Op
    I don't want to derail your thread but those of you who are packing short barreled shotguns like Defenders what 12 gauge shot shells would you have in there. ? Slugs etc. Please list your choices for ammo.
    Thanks !
    Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake - I'm clearly not the OP yet I'd say the top three choices are challenger slugs, Brenneke or the 1 1/4 oz Federal power-shok as a few top choices available in BC. A quick search of HBC shall review plenty of banter on the matter of ammunition choices for defense against dangerous wildlife.