Thread: Pyramid or Range Canvas Tents

Northern BC, wherever gas in the truck will move me

Pyramid or Range Canvas Tents

Curious - is anyone familiar with any Pyramid or Range tents? I'm debating between these two and a conventional wall tent. I don't need anything massive - just need space for me + 1 or 2 and a wood oven. The perk that I see with the single pole tent is the quicker and easier setup...though I do appreciate that I'm losing space in the "walls".

Is anyone familiar with these? How are they with snow? Any alternative suggestions that are available in Canada?

Esker Classic (or Arctic Fox) Tent: (10x10)

[IMG]tent_1 by Dukeoflawnchair, on Flickr[/IMG]

Montana Canvas Range Tent (12x12)

[IMG]tent_2 by Dukeoflawnchair, on Flickr[/IMG]

Debating between one of these guys, or speaking to the fine gentlemen at Deluxe Wall Tents...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pyramid or Range Canvas Tents

I have a camo hunter tipitent. Only used it once but it functioned pretty good. The tipitent brand has the wood stove pipe up the centre next to your single telescopic tent pole. It would be nice to get the stove off to one side but being in the centre at least the heat gets to everyone. It's 14 feet across so for two guys and all our gear, first week of October goat hunt, we had plenty of room. Snowed about 5 inches in the ten days we were there. Snow just fell off the side, no issues at all. The only thing I didn't like was all the ropes to hold out the sides. It is NOT quick to set up. I have set up outfitter tents and it is just as fast.
    I felt like it is a quality tent, kept us dry and warm, wood stove was real nice but didn't last the night on a single fill. No floor in mine either, will order one for next time, had a couple small tarps for by the cots.

I have the hunter teepee tent also..takes me 30 min to set up ..ive used it for the past 8 yrs or so..i love mine.for 2 people and gear ..quite comfortable
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by Saskhunter View Post
    I have a camo hunter tipitent. Only used it once but it functioned pretty good. The tipitent brand has the wood stove pipe up the centre next to your single telescopic tent pole. It would be nice to get the stove off to one side but being in the centre at least the heat gets to everyone. It's 14 feet across so for two guys and all our gear, first week of October goat hunt, we had plenty of room. Snowed about 5 inches in the ten days we were there. Snow just fell off the side, no issues at all. The only thing I didn't like was all the ropes to hold out the sides. It is NOT quick to set up. I have set up outfitter tents and it is just as fast.
    I felt like it is a quality tent, kept us dry and warm, wood stove was real nice but didn't last the night on a single fill. No floor in mine either, will order one for next time, had a couple small tarps for by the cots.
    Bigger stove is a must for 6 hr burn times..id have to reload it after a few hrs also
    Midnight toker

Northern BC, wherever gas in the truck will move me

Awesome. Many thanks for the feedback!

Look into Beckel Canvas and their "Eena" tent. Sounds like it might fit your purpose. Very light weight, easy to setup. I've had mine for over 20 years.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!