Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New hunters, shooters and outdoors people

Re: New hunters, shooters and outdoors people

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispryn View Post
    If Forestwalker is referring to myself I'm pretty disappointed. I have a new baby at home and just havnt had a chance to respond to his PMs.

Chris
    Dude congrats, I have a new baby at home too and ya life gets hectic!

Chris,

Sounds like your one hell of a Nice guy.

ForestWalker10, Good luck with your adventures.

Chris, I love seeing your generosity and kindness; as a new hunter myself I'm just trying to it all out!
    For others interested as well I recommend they look into EatWild, I've met a great community of mentors and people like myself through their events.

I hope one day I can join you in offering to be a mentor to others.

Best,

Chris.

On another note...I never became a hunter, fisherman or trapper by choice, it was just our peasant family's lifestyle. The three activities mentioned were part of who we were and how we made ends meet. We never considered them to be a sport, rather just earning a living, along with growing a large garden, having some livestock such as milk cows, chickens, bird hunting dogs and a plentiful orchard - marketable apples, peaches, cherries etc.
    Big family with five siblings meant scraping by anyway we could - money wise. I never went skeet shooting till much later in life. Dad would have tanned my hide for the waste of good ammo. Behind our property stretched crown land for miles...plenty of room to hunt without ever seeing anyone. Ethics were inborn and we were taught from birth to follow the rules regarding thrifty management of all our wild resources and respect for our environment.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!