Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New hunters, shooters and outdoors people

New hunters, shooters and outdoors people

Not growing up in a hunting family I know first hand the difficulties and challenges faced when trying to explore a new interest in hunting.

I had to claw information from many sources and most of the experiences I collected were bad or at least not what I had hoped for. This served a round about purpose for me as it showed me the kind of hunter I did not want to be.

Eventually I was able to begin carving my own story as a hunter. The kind of hunter that myself and my family could be proud of.

In light of the bad publicity our community is receiving lately, I invite any person with any interest in this lifestyle to get hold of me. I love what we do and I would be proud so help any aspiring outdoors person gather some decent information.

Obviously I'm just one guy with a day job and a family to support, but I'll do my best. I'm based in Chilliwack.

Regards
    Chris

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New hunters, shooters and outdoors people

Good job Chris

In my opinion the best way to have good hunters in our community is take time to mentor passing on knowledge and good ethics

guest Guest

Way to go Chrisprn .......
    Leading b example to help others ....... Now that's giving back !

Today I took a new hunter out to the range. We shot guns, talked sh*t and finished the day off at the brewery.

I hope I was able to pass on some good information, but at the very least I know this particular hunter is one step closer to putting fresh meat in his freezer.

I encourage more of you new guys to get out there. I also encourage more of the experienced roosters to show these guys the way.

Chris

Nice to see. This is what hunting is all about. The meat, the experience, the community, and the ethics that will keep it sustainable.

Hi Chris,

I noticed you're pretty active and keen to take out some new hunters. I'm just starting out, and planning to go out to Chilliwack April 20th, for a deer hunt. Any plans for that weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by juljacques View Post
    Hi Chris,

I noticed you're pretty active and keen to take out some new hunters. I'm just starting out, and planning to go out to Chilliwack April 20th, for a deer hunt. Any plans for that weekend?
    Have you read the regs there champ? Little early for deer.

Hey. Sorry. Still very new to all this. I assumed the season was April, not too sure why. I guess it'll have to be a bear hunt in April then. Really just looking to get out there for any reason possible, even if its wolf or coyote hunting. Sorry about the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by juljacques View Post
    Hey. Sorry. Still very new to all this. I assumed the season was April, not too sure why. I guess it'll have to be a bear hunt in April then. Really just looking to get out there for any reason possible, even if its wolf or coyote hunting. Sorry about the confusion.
    No problem but if there’s one piece of advice i could give you about hunting it’s to know the regs like the back of your hand. I recommend an iPhone app called “hunt buddy” it’s basically regs and maps at your fingertips.

Bear season is coming soon.