Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Governments Professional Reliance Review

Exclamation Governments Professional Reliance Review

I know this is the 11th hour to make a submission. But I am disappointed the BCWF hasn't made a formal submission to the Professional Reliance Review that started Dec. 1 and closes Jan. 19. http://engage.gov.bc.ca/govtogetherb...liance-review/

It's very important to at least complete the on-line survey if you aren't happy how environmental decisions are made. I hope folks here will go the site and at least complete the survey since time is almost up. This is a province wide initiative.

I'm retired, but held QP credentials for 25 years. If you snooze you lose your chance to have a say.

Go fill out the survey!
    Last edited by hillman; 01-17-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    - Montani semper liberi

Have Boots Will Travel

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Governments Professional Reliance Review

Thanks for the post. I did not know about this.

Thanks for the link. I am involved both in my professionally and volunteer with organizations that are both greatly affected by QPs. Let them know of several flaws in the system.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I won't get into a rant, but I hope lots of folks do the online survey. Deadline is tomorrow at 4 PM

Most senior government bureaucrats are carrier politicians who look after each other. If you think there is a pattern of institutional shenanigans such as stonewalling your voice and input in important decisions speak up.

There isn't a single submission about fish or wildlife QP decisions that I noted. Seems that government QPs have a culture of picking and choosing what rules they follow and are very rarely if ever are they held accountable.

I'll shut now.
    - Montani semper liberi

Have Boots Will Travel

Done! It is easy and quick, so all hunters should do it!
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by hillman View Post
    I won't get into a rant, but I hope lots of folks do the online survey. Deadline is tomorrow at 4 PM

Most senior government bureaucrats are carrier politicians who look after each other. If you think there is a pattern of institutional shenanigans such as stonewalling your voice and input in important decisions speak up.

There isn't a single submission about fish or wildlife QP decisions that I noted. Seems that government QPs have a culture of picking and choosing what rules they follow and are very rarely if ever are they held accountable.

I'll shut now.
    What makes you think that responding to the survey is going to change anything? Given who assembled the survey and who is going to collect the data, one might as well blow smoke up a dead ducks ass.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I'm not in the business of giving advice, but what I understand is the legal counsel from the Forest Practices Board is on leave to oversee the this review.

The FPB is about as independent a group around, and I believe folks there have a very high degree of integrity... unlike the senior bureaucrats who protect the politicians and ministers. The FPB has a narrow mandate so they usually have one hand tied behind their back.

I suggest you give the Executive Director of FPB a phone call. I'm confident he will make a point of speaking to you. I have always found they have an open door policy... but that's all I can say.

The survey has provisions for you to make comments. If you sit on the fence and don't participate, that's your choice

Learning is something you have to do for yourself. Over and out.
    - Montani semper liberi

Have Boots Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by hillman View Post
    But I am disappointed the BCWF hasn't made a formal submission to the
    The BCWF, in fact, did make a formal submission.

Done......
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    The BCWF, in fact, did make a formal submission.
    What he said
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.