Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killer Cats

Re: Killer Cats

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Are there many cougars in the penticton/ok falls area....im from region 2 and yes we are infested with them down here....but have relatives that live in that area and I told them that I thought I saw a cougar in thw back gully....they laughed and said no way...this all took place when I was a kid.....but to this day I cant see them not being there ...prime countru for them

Livestock killer- cougar P-56 killed –great close up video of P-56
    https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/sp...it/4715120002/
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Are there many cougars in the penticton/ok falls area....im from region 2 and yes we are infested with them down here....but have relatives that live in that area and I told them that I thought I saw a cougar in thw back gully....they laughed and said no way...this all took place when I was a kid.....but to this day I cant see them not being there ...prime countru for them
    I have been on two cougar hunts with hounds, both above OK falls to the east. One successfully treed female and one nice tom which my buddy harvested. The fellow that owned the hounds lived in OK falls and only hunted that area for cats. The same guy who took me out there shot a nice bobcat less than 2km from downtown OK falls again in the eastern hills above town.

Also anyone have an active original link? Not working for me, would like to see the statistics.

Latest

Cougar attacks 6-year-old girl this morning

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...o-san-antonio/

Cougar that attacked 6 year old girl has been found & euthanized 3 days after the attack.

The female cat, between 2 and 4 years old, was found in a tree in the area. Rangers sedated the cat and extracted DNA to confirm it was the same animal that had scratched and bit the child Sunday. It was.
    The cat weighed about 70 pounds.
    3 children ages 4, 3 & 6 have been attacked by cougars in California in the last 9 months but of course the tree huggers will say it’s extremely rare.

This is believed to be the cougar that attacked the 6-year-old.