Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leupold vx5hd cds

Re: Leupold vx5hd cds

Bumping this thread for any other comments/reviews. Considering a VX 5Hd CDS for a build ...

thanks,
    SB

I have a 2-10x42 and a 3-15x44, both with Firedot Duplex. I like their ability to reach way out there with the two turn CDS ZL2 dial, and nice low end magnification for hunting up close. Not many situations that the 3-15x44 wouldn't be suitable for when mounted onto a hunting rifle. Only negative I can think of is requring illumination for low light shots, as the reticle is 1/4moa thick and doesn't show up in low light as well as the bronzy camel toe brown reticle of most Leupold scopes
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Bought another VX5 3-15×44 CDS ZL2 illuminated on black Friday from Omer for my Tikka Strata 7mag.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Bought another VX5 3-15×44 CDS ZL2 illuminated on black Friday from Omer for my Tikka Strata 7mag.
    Love my vx5hds Don. Omer is top-notch.

Was looking for a scope with an adjustable elevation turret for a silhouette rifle. I settled on a Swarovski Z5 and the system works well for my purposes; the glass is very good.
    However, shortly after I purchased the Z5 I had an opportunity to look through and play with VX-5. If I'd had them side by side when I was deciding, it would have been a tough choice.
    For a hunting scope, I think I prefer the VX-5, only because for hunting the CDS seems more suitable for some reason. I also like the larger tube for a hunting rifle.
    Now, compared to my Z6, no comparison, but different price point entirely.
    I'm thinking of a 6.5 PRC build and I would be very tempted to go with the Leupold. I don't care for illuminated reticles, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Does anyone know where one might pick up one of these Scopes in British Columbia or here in Canada somewhere
    Precision Optics- Omer