Thread: Finger lake resort

Finger lake resort

Good morning hope everybody is doing well and are counting the days until hunting season!
    My hunting partner and I along with another friend of ours are looking at going to Finger lake near Vanderhoof next season.
    Has anybody stayed there before? Any comments would be appreciated good or bad.
    Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finger lake resort

I don't think Wayne is there running the place anymore, but when he was it was ok. Pretty rustic but comfy. Maybe some one from last year can speak up.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Rustic. Lots of places to hunt around there, though, especially if you get out of the vehicle and follow spur roads to where the timber starts. Google map it - it's covered in potholes and meadows and they hold moose (or did a few years ago - we got a dandy bull there).
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

been 10 years or more since I have been there but found they liked to stay down low near the lake in the maples later in the season...first time I ever saw snow pressed trees being cleaned of bark like corn off a corn cob by moose feeding

By the looks of the website the cabins look pretty nice. We are planning on a 10 day hunt. It looks like a great place to try moose hunting.
    Just hoping one of us from our hunting party get a moose draw