Thread: Boundary bay or ladner for the dogless newb, have some q's

Boundary bay or ladner for the dogless newb, have some q's

Been a while since I posted here, but am looking to expand my hunting seasons and am thinking about maybe getting out for a duck hunt this week before the season closes in hopes to scout some areas for snows/canadas gome feb, been. 3 questions.

1 Do I need decoys or will jump shooting work? Also I a float tube and chest waders, but no hound. I have some cash but was eyein a nicer pump then the beater mawverick 88 i got. Willing to get a cheap goose spread and DIY, maybe a hanful of ducks and a robo?
    2. In ladner and boundry where is a general parking spot for the hunter, in respect to hunting ettiquette any general rules one should know?
    no honeyholes just starting points. Dont want to piss off anybody either, minimal dog walker confrontation etc.
    3. Besides my migratory duck stamp, is there any other special licenses or special regs or bounaries in the area? Whats this 1m liability insurance the regs sat? Can i buyo this from an insurance broker like my auto insurance? At the hunting store? Been Digging in the regs, eyes gettin sore lol!

Anyways cheers and thanks in advance for the responses!

shadowhunter
    Last edited by shadowhunter; 01-16-2018 at 12:45 AM.
    Nothin better then the great outdoors!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boundary bay or ladner for the dogless newb, have some q's

you need the Fraser Valley Special License from Service BC I think Stillwater Sports carries them as well.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Also, check the FVSA map, they have changed shooting distances from the dyke. Also, jump shooting is no good. Watch out for the photographers they won’t watch out for you. (This is for the ladner / Boundry Bay Area)

if if you have a boat , westham island area is good.
    Last edited by limit time; 01-16-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

well:

going by boat will get you away from the sky bustin' yahoos who dont know a duck from a seagul/swan

parking your truck at Wellington Point is asking to get raided, especially if you have a nice toolbox in your pickup.

Check and double check your boundaries : just cause other people are shooting at that spot doesnt meant its legal

Afternoon hunts are hard because a lot of folks set up for the day, so your night flight is slim picking by the early morning do gooders.

most importantly:

WATCH THE TIDES!

good luck and have fun

Thank you all for the replies, greatly appreciated. Got 1448mv lowe in the friend group i may beed a few cases of brew to borrow it though haha, will triple check boundaries. Thanks guys!
    Nothin better then the great outdoors!