Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down in forty

Down in forty

G'day Lads,

I went out with a mate yesterday looking for a few pigs. The pigs were not co-operating but I walked onto this guy.

We were on our way back to camp after a long walk, hence no camo and the fact that I am wearing thongs. We spotted a good boar trotting across the road but by the time I got there he had dissappeared. I walked 100 mtrs or so and I spotted this guy in a small creek, I had good cover as the grass along the creek was high and pretty think, I got into 16 yards (range finder said so ) and I waited for the brute to stand broadside. After about 5 minutes he decided that he was going to lay down in the creek, so I moved around to try for a shot into the vitals down beside the spine but he was too low into the creek.

He turned his head to face me so I decided to move around so he would spot me and right on que he stood facing me wondering what was going on. I was already at full draw and had my top pin centered on his chest, The arrow buried completely upto the nock and the razor sharp Supreme did it's job (as always) his life blood poured from the hole in his chest as he turned away. He turned after only making 10 yards and looked at me one more time before bolting. He crashed into the ground less than 40 yards from the point of impact,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Beautiful............ .........

As a side note my arrow only stopped because it had hit a rib, the Supreme was almost through the rib, not bad after going 30" odd through a buff I thought.

One arrow front on from under 16 yards, he was down in less than 40 yards and lights out in no time (under a minute I reckon).

Cheers Noel

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Down in forty

bloody oath nice buff

Crazy!!! Sounds like a good day... Great to hear of your hunting tales from down under. I like your hat.

Carl

Bow Walker Guest

Good shooting Noel. I can see from the amount of blood in the grass that he still had some left when he piled up.

Is he for a trophy or do you eat the meat? Come to think about it - is the meat edible?

wow - that is incredibly awesome - this shiela would love to take down something like that one day - good on ya mate.

hehehehe
    Ali

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

That is great Noel......Love to see these posts. Great job

Thanks Lads and Lady

Yeah these guys are good eating and there is plenty of it.

This big guy just could not stand he was dead on his feet and did not know it, it's always great to get a quick kill even more so on these tuff old buggers.

Cheers Noel

Wow what a story, I really like reading posts from other parts of the world (except Toronto). Nice Buffalo.....
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Good job Noel, what amount of meat will that beast net you? And when is the Barbi gonna be ready!!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Radical Radical