Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Ourea, What I see being said is Just saying HABITAT HABITAT HABITAT like a mantra, like a prayer, is nothing but meaningless.

People are getting frustrated with talk and no action. Currently the only action we have in our management tool box is regulations. It is a tool and can be very effective.
    Will regulation help curtail urban development that cripples winter range.
    Will regulation help combat the growing opposition to wolf hunting.
    Will regulation help imploding MD DOE numbers where there is no season.
    Will regulation fix Moose numbers
    Will regulation help limit first nations from hunting yr round of all species and sex.
    Will regulation decrease access to the ever growing roads.
    Will regulation help educate and inform non hunters to support and accept hunting (not anti hunters, big difference)
    Will regulation influence Gov to make wildlife a needed priority in this province.
    Will regulation create funding to battle those that are opposed to hunting

Will regulation.....
    Will regulation....
    Will regulation...

That axe looks rusty.
    Help me sharpen it

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

^^^^^bingo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Will regulation help limit first nations from hunting yr round of all species and sex.
    Will regulation help educate and inform non hunters to support and accept hunting (not anti hunters, big difference)
    Will regulation influence Gov to make wildlife a needed priority in this province.

Will regulation.....
    Will regulation....
    Will regulation...

That axe looks rus
    You showed your belly. I saw what side of the fence you have landed on. Sorry, I am not being taxed to hand the keys over to the Antis so they can usher in the Compassionate Wildlife Model with 'our' money and watch my hunting heritage go the way of the dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    I have never attacked as you say a Bow hunter, I think it's rather cool actually, I just can't be ethical due to my issues with their use.

forgot to mention, I prefer to use a firearm, but, I am perfecting my aim with a X Bow recently...... Oh wait, that's not really Bow hunting either is it? I Guess I'll get slammed for that too. No wait, they to are legal.

Lets go shoot some Preds ........ I need more WT on my trails. Really I do.
    Since when did this become Bows vs Guns? Like Dana said, ask yourself why are more areas looking at baiting with more carefully and changing the rule? I choose to hunt with a bow for my pwn
    personal reasons, not to make myself feel special. I also fly fish and tie my own flies, does that make me some kind of god? No it allows me to be more involved in the sport. I have learned more
    about hunting with a bow in my hand than all the years I spent shooting animals at 200 yards. When you see the critter, your hunt has only begun not ended.
    If BC were to look at Bowhunting as a Management Tool and a great way to Introduce new hunters as they have done in other Provinces and States, many would see the results.
    You on the other hand still want to sit on your side of the fence and continue to flick shit over at others. Good way to make friends and challenge the Forum Rules....

[QUOTE=Ourea;1979788]Will regulation help curtail urban development that cripples winter range.

Will regulation.....
    Will regulation....
    Will regulation...

That axe looks rusty.
    Help me sharpen it[/QUOTE

Ok you put out the list, now maybe tell us how to fix it, point by point.

You want public support for any of the above, let the general public see a wildlife success story.
    The one hunted species that was providing easy viewing by the masses and a relatively easy harvest, you're trying to exterminate. Tell the anti and non hunters that all the white tail they used to see are now hiding in the bush to stay away from hunters. Tell them were tying to kill them off so the predators starve.
    Show them how well the current management system is doing--- Managing to zero!

Will regulation.....
    Will regulation....
    Will regulation...

That axe looks rusty.
    Help me sharpen it
    completely separate issues but yes they are important. Not going to dig into each one and the many others.

But once again when it comes to WT the issue lies that this species is not managed with goals of maintaining healthy populations.

In this case yes regulations are a concern because the purpose of BCs WT seasons are to have a negative effect on WT population numbers.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Since when did this become Bows vs Guns? Like Dana said, ask yourself why are more areas looking at baiting with more carefully and changing the rule? I choose to hunt with a bow for my pwn
    personal reasons, not to make myself feel special. I also fly fish and tie my own flies, does that make me some kind of god? No it allows me to be more involved in the sport. I have learned more
    about hunting with a bow in my hand than all the years I spent shooting animals at 200 yards. When you see the critter, your hunt has only begun not ended.
    If BC were to look at Bowhunting as a Management Tool and a great way to Introduce new hunters as they have done in other Provinces and States, many would see the results.
    You on the other hand still want to sit on your side of the fence and continue to flick shit over at others. Good way to make friends and challenge the Forum Rules....
    not at all, read back, a long way, who brought it to the front. You.

As said, cool on the bow hunters, wish I could actually use a recurve, I can't. I wish I could, but I do want to be ethical.

That said, many a many bow hunters sit over what you call stations. And many a many bow hunters may not put the time in to become ethical. Not good at what they preach. Ask the ranchers in the Christain Valley that have hated the bow season since it opened after seeing the results. I won't expose those results here for various reasons.

This is thread was to be about White Tail deer, you and others took it off its path. I'm not one to sit and watch others slam others using legal pursuit methods because They think it's wrong. You, apparently think different.

So so get off your high horse, get out there and knock down a Pred or two, and help the White Tail deer. Like the original threads focus was on.

Moving on.

[QUOTE=blacklab;1979847]

Will regulation.....
    Will regulation....
    Will regulation...

That axe looks rusty.
    Help me sharpen it[/QUOTE

Ok you put out the list, now maybe tell us how to fix it, point by point.

You want public support for any of the above, let the general public see a wildlife success story.
    The one hunted species that was providing easy viewing by the masses and a relatively easy harvest, you're trying to exterminate. Tell the anti and non hunters that all the white tail they used to see are now hiding in the bush to stay away from hunters. Tell them were tying to kill them off so the predators starve.
    Show them how well the current management system is doing--- Managing to zero!
    I am starting to question the sanity of some.
    When do I ever state I want to exterminate WT.....WTF?
    Kill them off to starve preds???.....WTF?
    The only consistent statement I make is they are a resilient species.
    I cannot speak to your area as I dont hunt it.

If the WT doe season was cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't give a care.
    If attractants were banned for WT I wouldn't give a care.
    I have no agenda.

I simply offer insight and endless videos and pics of what I see in the field to help others.
    If regulation changes for next yr I will report what I see.
    Capiche?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

I feel like I'm in good company the some people questioned Donald Trumps sanity, and he seems to be doing alright.
    If I wrongly lumped you in with the rest of the white tail haters on this site then for that I'll apologize.
    Maybe time to reread some of the past white tail threads though.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    You showed your belly. I saw what side of the fence you have landed on. Sorry, I am not being taxed to hand the keys over to the Antis so they can usher in the Compassionate Wildlife Model with 'our' money and watch my hunting heritage go the way of the dodo.
    Would you be happy with Outfitters and FN's running the show?
    "Our Money" being controlled by those that contribute very, very little?