Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    No! now you just set yourself up for a world of hurt! you won't get away with calling them rrrr....
    the r word.......they have feelings too
    Unless they identify ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Never have liked female GOS on any game animals period..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Never have liked female GOS on any game animals period never have shot the female species but that's my choice....
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I don't target does when hunting but if I come across one I may shoot it for meat and to slow the invasion down . In my neck of the woods there are a couple of places that I used to see wt does quite often . A year after the wt doe season opened up i would see very few during hunting season . I started thinking holy s..t it didn't take long to get rid of them . fast forward to late February and guess what , they magically re-appeared . Now after a few seasons they are definitely more evasive all year long , but they've learnt quickly and are still there , you just have to look a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I think they should open the season for these coarse deer even more!! Its our muleys that are in trouble in places.
    Yes the management plan of kill WT to increase MD numbers worked so well it was abandoned in Alberta lol

I know this koolaid was pushed hard in BC

declining mule deer are do to other issues

Quote Originally Posted by 280 77 View Post
    I don't target does when hunting but if I come across one I may shoot it for meat and to slow the invasion down . In my neck of the woods there are a couple of places that I used to see wt does quite often . A year after the wt doe season opened up i would see very few during hunting season . I started thinking holy s..t it didn't take long to get rid of them . fast forward to late February and guess what , they magically re-appeared . Now after a few seasons they are definitely more evasive all year long , but they've learnt quickly and are still there , you just have to look a little harder.
    What?
    The most studied ungulate in North America that keeps expanding their range and out competing all their competitors regardless of environment. How is that possible?
    kidding aside.
    They adapt, they survive, it's what they do.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Never have liked female GOS on any game animals period never have shot the female species but that's my choice....
    Sorry Wayne but your opinion is wrong and its not to late to educate yourself to the ways of sound game management I expect to see a picture of you next year with a 200lb doe

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Yes the management plan of kill WT to increase MD numbers worked so well it was abandoned in Alberta lol

I know this koolaid was pushed hard in BC

declining mule deer are do to other issues
    Actually mule deer are responding nicely to the reduction in WT deer in the east kootenays and numbers are on upswing for mule deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Actually mule deer are responding nicely to the reduction in WT deer in the east kootenays and numbers are on upswing for mule deer.
    I ? If that is the reason for MD improvement

It was run in Alberta even more of a liberal WT harvest combined with restricted MD harvest and it fails miserably. MU 339 ran ran a WT season of 2 doe tags combined with 3rd tag that could be used buck or doe season ran mid September to end of November. Lowered WT numbers did nothing for MD. Was run in other MUs I am less familiar with and abandoned again do to poor results. Ran way longer then BCs wt doe seasons existence

This really makes me wonder what other factors could be at play in the east koots
    Last edited by Wild one; 01-15-2018 at 06:46 PM.