Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    The thing missing in that management theory is it further leads to a complete erradication of a species that belongs here just as much as any other species. We basically managed moose the same way in an effort to save mountain caribou. What happened? We have pretty much lost both the caribou and the moose. The plan of starving out the wolves failed miserably. So why not learn from that? Nope, carry on by trying to save mule deer by over harvesting whitetails. Does no one see the epic fails are just continuing? So what we have happening is a complete erradication of all species in certain areas of this province and we are good with that? Seriously? Hunter conservationalist eh?
    Region 3 and 7a management of WT is a joke and a waste of a resource and I don’t support it at all. I only know the mind set of the management plan not that I agree

another example of BC miss management which is way too common

I support the doe harvest in the strong WT populations of BC but not on the theory of the management plan. I only support it knowing the positive effects it can have on WT health for well established populations

Basically BC management will see unintentional perks for some WT populations

Dana I am a hunter who sees most of BCs wildlife management through eyes that see a need for tear down and start over

Grew up hunting 3-18/3-19, with property in 5-1. In recent years I have to a conclusion, either the white tail population is either expanding considerably or someone developed a Whitetail modelling agency. They are always stopping to pose in front of trail cams or in fields where I seldom, if ever, saw them. Granted, I do have yet to see a trophy wt, but so cannot comment on that. Now given that WT ate not prone to migrate as much as Mulies all the studies I have read indicate that this expansion is an indication of a larger population. Combined with recent arial counts supporting this, I thinl they are doing just fine.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Region 3 and 7a management of WT is a joke and a waste of a resource and I don’t support it at all. I only know the mind set of the management plan not that I agree

another example of BC miss management which is way too common

I support the doe harvest in the strong WT populations of BC but not on the theory of the management plan. I only support it knowing the positive effects it can have on WT health for well established populations

Basically BC management will see unintentional perks for some WT populations

Dana I am a hunter who sees most of BCs wildlife management through eyes that see a need for tear down and start over
    I competely agree! I think the kick back from Region 3 for this round of regulations is the begginning of that process. Of course they have go about it slowly because if you think the 'lost opportunity' whinners are loud with the mule deer baglimits, think of the howling if Region 3 eliminated the whitetail doe seasons at the same time? Hopefully, a rehaul on the whitetail seasons is in the mix for the next regulation cycle 2 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Grew up hunting 3-18/3-19, with property in 5-1. In recent years I have to a conclusion, either the white tail population is either expanding considerably or someone developed a Whitetail modelling agency. They are always stopping to pose in front of trail cams or in fields where I seldom, if ever, saw them. Granted, I do have yet to see a trophy wt, but so cannot comment on that. Now given that WT ate not prone to migrate as much as Mulies all the studies I have read indicate that this expansion is an indication of a larger population. Combined with recent arial counts supporting this, I thinl they are doing just fine.
    I'm pretty sure your take on it would be competely different if you were looking at all the units from 3-38 through 3-46 including 7-2 through 7-4.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I competely agree! I think the kick back from Region 3 for this round of regulations is the begginning of that process. Of course they have go about it slowly because if you think the 'lost opportunity' whinners are loud with the mule deer baglimits, think of the howling if Region 3 eliminated the whitetail doe seasons at the same time? Hopefully, a rehaul on the whitetail seasons is in the mix for the next regulation cycle 2 years from now.
    The number of BC hunters getting fet up is growing and I am not talking one at a time and this continues we may have a brighter future in BC

I can just imagine your opinions on mule deer knowing that is your true passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    When was the last time you hunted or hung trail cams near Logan lake in 3-18 or 19.
    I lived there until last year and I'll call BS to anyone saying they are expanding. The fields you see them in will have a no hunting sign on every second fence post.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    When was the last time you hunted or hung trail cams near Logan lake in 3-18 or 19.
    I lived there until last year and I'll call BS to anyone saying they are expanding. The fields you see them in will have a no hunting sign on every second fence post.
    I've seen them in 3-30, 3-29....right across the road

Dana,
    I wanted to ask you this for awhile, before you left this site for a few years.
    Before you left, didn't you say tat the Bios in R3 had their shit together??
    That is was R5 that was doing a crappy job?
    Just curious if you still feel that way, as I know your tune has changed on "seeing big bucks", to now, that no buck can get big enough due to it being taken out before it has a chance.
    (not sure if that is because you feel it is do to the "any buck" season, or if it is due to the "4pt restriction")
    But, I am curious where you stud on thing s before you left and if anything differs now?
    Do agree 100% however, that wolves need to go in R3, as well as R5 and province wide.
    I was already seeing the issue develop before you left this site years ago.

As far as WT, I don't hate them at all, but I don't want to see MD suffer in population size due to WT expansion.
    R3 has always been traditionally MD, a lot of it anyways.

Funny thing is, and hearing that Preds like Cougar, like to follow WT movements.
    When I think about it, I 1st started to see WT,s in a few of those MU's in R3, and then, I started to see the Wolves.
    Starting to wonder now, if that is why the wolves showed up?
    I also get the fact that as a pack of Wolves get too big, there has to be a split off, and a new pack has to find new territory.
    Wolves also showed up as the logging became, lets just say, bigger operations then once existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Region 3 season is not intended to manage WT as a game species it’s about trying to prevent them establishing stronger populations
    yup..........