Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Discussed extensively in this thread: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...mpaign-started

Conclusion with Biologist input: Self serving bunch of lies purported to support a hidden local agenda.

Have a read if you're still interested.

Case Closed.
    Nog
    Thanks for the link, Nog. I missed that thread. I did read through it. I appreciated the responses from the Wildlife biologists that Scott G. emailed

Agreed. Case closed
    Chad

My neck of the woods is littered with rat wt, least amount of wt I've seen around in my 7yrs here. Yet to whack a doe and I get my 2 bucks every year out region 4,8. A guy could whack a doe or 2 every year wouldn't make a difference on population. More thinning of them would have helped lower the dog explosion we now have on our hands. Eating deer steady right behind the house, and I've yet to lay eyes on one...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Ya they get skittish when hunted, shocker but its true. lol The numbers are still there after quite a few seasons of GOS WT doe hunting, in fact they continue to colonise new areas throughout the province. But they're not standing in the ditch feeding as you drive by them any more I guess that's just too hard to deal with for the few who think their half a dozen road hunts a year make them ungulate experts and many times more knowledgeable than biologists that spend their whole careers studying deer, and have decades of data at their finger tips.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    A bunch of freaking morons there is no shortage of WT deer in the east kootenay just a lot of lazy hunters who will not walk 50 feet from there truck to hunt a deer.
    I agree 100%. As far as I am concerned stand hunting and or still hunting is the only way to go. There are states in the US that only allow you to take a WT buck after you have taken an
    Antlerless WT. They are just to cagey and spooky for road hunting. I have found that WT does are getting just as wary as WT bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    A bunch of freaking morons there is no shortage of WT deer in the east kootenay just a lot of lazy hunters who will not walk 50 feet from there truck to hunt a deer.
    Yup.....it's getting real old....the whitetail have adapted, most people haven't...

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    I have found that WT does are getting just as wary as WT bucks.
    This.....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Yup.....it's getting real old....the whitetail have adapted, most people haven't...
    ......and this.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

I think they should open the season for these coarse deer even more!! Its our muleys that are in trouble in places.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    .......My neck of the woods is littered with rat wt, least amount of wt I've seen around in my 7yrs here. .....
    No! now you just set yourself up for a world of hurt! you won't get away with calling them rrrr....
    the r word.......they have feelings too
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    No! now you just set yourself up for a world of hurt! you won't get away with calling them rrrr....
    the r word.......they have feelings too
    But they're so tiny! Tasty though. They are some smart however, and will always adapt.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

And whats with that dead does website. wonder how their poll is turning out
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole