Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    When they stop counting whitetails within the first 15 minutes of the flight because there are so many that it is hard to keep up, that should say something to people. Unfortunately, some can't let go of the coffee shop bs. The fact that there is almost 400 posts on a thread concerning a species' that can withstand the most liberal of seasons and still maintain/increase their populations makes me bang my head against the wall.
    How are the counts in Northern Region 3? Please tell me I'd like to know?

Dana, not looking for a fight but some insight on this post/comments of yours about whitetails.

"Save a muley"
    "Keep muley country muley country"
    "Start in Region 3. Whitey's need to be kept at bay and mule deer country needs to remain mule deer country."

Not trying to stir the pot but your comments suggest you have less of an issue with the whitetail doe season in R3 and more of a bone to pick with a member or two. Just my take on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	6787  
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    You mean posts where they are called 'dinky dog rat deer' or posts saying 'keep mule deer country mule deer country' Please don't confuse sarcasm and humour as hatred. I have hunted whitetail my whole life and will continue to do so. They are both fun and tastey. Just takes a lot more of them to refill a freezer versus muleys.
    Post #196
    Does this answer you question. Hahaha! By the way you could find posts using that same sarcasm on this very site. Dig a little deeper and maybe you can blow the lid wide open. And if you read my posts on this thead you will see how I have mentioned numerous times that I have taken full advantage of this current season to help refill my freezer. Are you confused yet? Hahaha!

I supported a white tail antler less season till it got region 3 stupid, and I realized it was planned extermination of a species I have great respect for.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt, with each day I have been on HBC, the truth becomes more and more evident. I was deceived. We all have been deceived. The shutting down the grizzly hunt has woke me up out of this haze I was in. I am now seeing managing to zero was their plan all along. It is much easier to manage hunters when they have nothing to hunt. The force is awakening. Hunters are starting to see the 'Big Picture' and they are seeing we are not in that Picture. We have never been in that picture for those pulling the strings. Time to create a new picture, one that supports our hunting heritage for our childern, grandchildren and beyond.

Your half right! The plan is to stop all non indigenous, resident hunting.
    I've been asked why I am as passionate about white tail as I am, they are the only species that will keep resident hunters in the game. Because they aren't worth much to anybody else.

Nobody gives a hoot on this forum what I think, but here goes.
    Why the hell do we even have thread suggesting we reduce our hunting opportunities?
    Whitetail deer are very important to my family. The Doe season is a huge opportunity for my family. If the biologists say they can sustain such a harvest, why do we question it? Whitetail deer are in my opinion some of the best eating available in my neck of the woods. They adapt, they become smart, and they provide a challenging hunt and experience for anyone. Young Does taste great and are very tender. So are spike or forks.
    Every year my children and their spouses come to my home to share in this great hunting experience. They all participate and the joy we experience as a family, hunting together, sharing in our bounty brings us together in a way nothing else could.
    The beauty of the area, and the abundant wildlife, and hunting opportunities draws them here. They spend a great deal of money and support our local economy.

Why don't we let the Wildlife Biologists manage this great resource, and work to preserve it, instead of second guessing their recommendations? We should be working for more opportunities instead of suggesting we have less. IMO.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Wildlife biologist in BC have no intention of managing to preserve white tail deer.
    They are managing to eliminate them. Public outcry has slowed the process in some regions, but the attitude is still there. Just ask them!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Nobody gives a hoot on this forum what I think, but here goes.
    Why the hell do we even have thread suggesting we reduce our hunting opportunities?
    Whitetail deer are very important to my family. The Doe season is a huge opportunity for my family. If the biologists say they can sustain such a harvest, why do we question it? Whitetail deer are in my opinion some of the best eating available in my neck of the woods. They adapt, they become smart, and they provide a challenging hunt and experience for anyone. Young Does taste great and are very tender. So are spike or forks.
    Every year my children and their spouses come to my home to share in this great hunting experience. They all participate and the joy we experience as a family, hunting together, sharing in our bounty brings us together in a way nothing else could.
    The beauty of the area, and the abundant wildlife, and hunting opportunities draws them here. They spend a great deal of money and support our local economy.

Why don't we let the Wildlife Biologists manage this great resource, and work to preserve it, instead of second guessing their recommendations? We should be working for more opportunities instead of suggesting we have less. IMO.
    This is what it's all about. Great post about the importance of hunting to your family, in the face of greed by other posters who want to shut down sustainable opportunities because they didn't kill a huge buck last year.

Well stated and let's continue to fend off the greed of others who want your family to go without these opportunities to share in our hunting heritage.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    This is what it's all about. Great post about the importance of hunting to your family, in the face of greed by other posters who want to shut down sustainable opportunities because they didn't kill a huge buck last year.

Well stated and let's continue to fend off the greed of others who want your family to go without these opportunities to share in our hunting heritage.

Oh God what a load of BS lol

If you believe what you posted here you have lost your mind. You do realize this is about a doe season right? lol

Nice job trying to alienate and demonize any hunter that does not agree with you