Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

I saw this advertisement in my local news paper this week.

http://www.nomoredeaddoes.ca/

I was wondering what others thought about the open season on WT does. Is it hurting the WT populations? I for one can speak to the fact that I saw very few WTs this passed season. Coupled with a few hard winters in the Kootenays along with increasing predator populations,maybe it is time to take it easy for a while.

I'm curious to hear what others think.

PS sorry I couldn't figure out how to make a quick link.
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 01-14-2018 at 03:53 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post

I saw this advertisement in my local news paper this week.

http://www.nomoredeaddoes.ca/

I was wondering what others thought about the open season on WT does. Is it hurting the WT populations? I for one can speak to the fact that I saw very few WTs this passed season. Coupled with a few hard winters in the Kootenays along with increasing predator populations,maybe it is time to take it easy for a while.

I'm curious to hear what others think.

PS sorry I couldn't figure out how to make a quick link.
    ......since you’ve seen less then it must be a problem. Maybe you should stop hunting them if you feel that way and start killing predators ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

There is so much misinformation out there and lack of understanding it hurts.
    KCCO

My opinion WT doe season is good in areas with strong WT populations way better for buck vs doe ratios. WT under pressure get cagey and this will make sightings lower. It most likely has had an impact on numbers but is creating a stronger WT population in areas with large WT populations

WT doe seasons with low WT numbers I do not support and see them as a waste of a wildlife resource

A bunch of freaking morons there is no shortage of WT deer in the east kootenay just a lot of lazy hunters who will not walk 50 feet from there truck to hunt a deer.

That ad is disgusting. It has been discussed an another thread. I saw it as well. According to the biologist there is no issue with population.
    Its time we stop playing wildlife managers and let the scientists do it. We need to ensure the government funds them and their reccomendations; ie- habitat improvement, and predator control.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    ......since you’ve seen less then it must be a problem. Maybe you should stop hunting them if you feel that way and start killing predators ?
    I never have taken a whitetail doe or actively hunted one. I did take a Black bear this season on the predator side.
    I'm not actually on either side of the fence on this issue as of yet.
    The website states that the doe season is an outdated regulation and that the populations are no longer the same as they were when it was first implemented.
    I am curious what others think on the matter.

BTW I can't walk very far and I had no issue harvesting a nice young doe. Tasted dam good too!
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Put a game cam out where you think there are low numbers of WT. You will be shocked at the amount of does living there that you never see in the day.

Arrow Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    ... I am curious what others think on the matter.
    Discussed extensively in this thread: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...mpaign-started

Conclusion with Biologist input: Self serving bunch of lies purported to support a hidden local agenda.

Have a read if you're still interested.

Case Closed.
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me