Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Blacklab, I'm not saying it will solve the mule deer issue's, I'm simply saying it could be a factor, yes/no, do you know that wt are not competing with mule deer, cattle do so why not wt.
    As for working together, maybe you need to read abit better, I'm all for it but lets not fool ourselves or anyone else about what working together will produce for resident hunters,,,, but I am a fool so why dont you explain in some detail how the resident hunter will benefit from this process, piss in any direction you want, I will consider it.
    Your not fool you are keeping an open mind this is a good thing

With the amount of BS propaganda flogged with hunting here in B.C. a guys really got to do his own research and reach a conclusion

Your theory of competition from WT holds more merit then the reason for BCs WT management and if proven to be an issue I could support it. This is not the reason for BCs WT management plan instead it’s in place to try and lower predation on MD by killing WT

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebuster View Post
    they only kill 300 there! Maybe they should kill more to truly look at effect on mule deer.

Why dont you go do some research yourself and explain to us how a harvest of 300 is killing them off
    Surely you don't believe that there are only 300 antlerless white tail taken a year from region 3. If the number is actually 300, it's because there a so few left. I've studied a lot of research relating to the relationship between he two species Unlike a lot of people on here I've tried to do so with an open mind. I also live and hunt region 3 in an area that used to hold a decent population of white tail.

The issue lies with poor MD management and proper steps to address it were not taken. Plain to see changes here are fought in defence of hunter opurtunity.

Management theory being used for WT is something that could be attempted and supported by those defending hunter opurtunity well avoiding public backlash trying to promote predator management.This kind of management to deal with preds fails time and time again but easy to implement because it sees less resistance

Wildlife management in B.C. is very political with science mixed in
    Last edited by Wild one; 02-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Surely you don't believe that there are only 300 antlerless white tail taken a year from region 3. If the number is actually 300, it's because there a so few left. I've studied a lot of research relating to the relationship between he two species Unlike a lot of people on here I've tried to do so with an open mind. I also live and hunt region 3 in an area that used to hold a decent population of white tail.
    In 7 years since the antlerless season began, 2379 antlerless deer have been taken. That averages to 339 deer per year.

Those are the facts. Build your argument around the facts and then we can discuss what management plan people want to see going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    In 7 years since the antlerless season began, 2379 antlerless deer have been taken. That averages to 339 deer per year.

Those are the facts. Build your argument around the facts and then we can discuss what management plan people want to see going forward.
    Sorry but those are your facts. I'll build my argument around what I see first hand. If those numbers are your only argument, then management screwed up again of they're managing to zero.They're well on their way.
    I've noticed a common theme with replies to this thread, the most vocal of the anti white tail crown, live in the Okanagan where you have a shorter season, smaller bag limit, and have a population "by your own numbers"
    that is 5 times greater than region 3. Explain that!

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Sorry but those are your facts. I'll build my argument around what I see first hand. If those numbers are your only argument, then management screwed up again of they're managing to zero.They're well on their way.
    I've noticed a common theme with replies to this thread, the most vocal of the anti white tail crown, live in the Okanagan where you have a shorter season, smaller bag limit, and have a population "by your own numbers"
    that is 5 times greater than region 3. Explain that!
    We kill an average of 1157 antlerless whitetails per year in 8. And our population is thriving, with some stomper bucks being taken and harvest of both bucks and does increasing. Counts show populations stable to increasing. Grandby count was way up this year, 30 - 50% higher than the past 15 years. Christian Valley count in the middle of the busiest hunting area of the region, is bang on average and harvest continues to hoover right around 600-700 deer, same as it has for 15 years.

Hell, we kill as nearly as many does in the one MU of the Christian every year (280) as are killed in the entirety of region 3, yet you spew crocodile tears.

I get it that some people just don't like to see the other guy shoot a deer, but don't bullshit us about no deer left.

Maybe you're doing it wrong. Maybe you need to kill 1157 does per year too. It's sure working here.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    The issue lies with poor MD management and proper steps to address it were not taken. Plain to see changes here are fought in defence of hunter opurtunity.

Management theory being used for WT is something that could be attempted and supported by those defending hunter opurtunity well avoiding public backlash trying to promote predator management.This kind of management to deal with preds fails time and time again but easy to implement because it sees less resistance

Wildlife management in B.C. is very political with science mixed in
    I'll suggest again that this is the baby step implementation of "Compassionate Conservation" in place of the North American Model.

This displays the conversion within Bureaucrats and Biologists.

This is a Major concern!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    I'll suggest again that this is the baby step implementation of "Compassionate Conservation" in place of the North American Model.

This displays the conversion within Bureaucrats and Biologists.

This is a Major concern!
    It is a possibility and at least here in BC some hunters will walk right into this blind

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    It is a possibility and at least here in BC some hunters will walk right into this blind
    Not just in BC....

The Alberta chapter of the WSF funded many years of research by a scientist pushing the Compassionate Model.

It took me quite a few years to educate the WSFAb of what they were really financing.

Nobody likes to be told they have been played, especially guys with Ram blood in their veins.

Happily, this researcher is now having to go elsewhere for money....

I don't recall this question has been asked or answered in this thread.
    Much of the rhetoric here seems to be based on speculation....

What are the management plans, concerns and active practices in place for Whitetails for the various regions?
    Are there actual reports from regional biologists as to what is going on and what they are doing?