Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Calf hunt had nothing to do with the decline in 7A's moose numbers.

R5's moose declined by the exact same percentage over the exact same timeframe with LEH bull only.

Nice try though. I know some guides in 7A weren't happy with people putting a moose in their freezer, so I understand some angst among some posters on moose season discussions.
    FD, where is your groomer? Does he know you are out here fighting with the big boys? Haven't you noticed a major shift the last few weeks on this board. No one is buying what you are preaching. Seeing lots of old faces showing back up here. And they ain't friends of yours. You can continue to rant and rave about how much you have saved wildlife in this province but have a look around. Step out of your mama's basement, shut the computer off and have a look around. 'You' are what happened to the wildlife of this province. The Region 8 hunters are seeing it. And you just bragged about how 'you' alone made it happen. Good for you!!! You personally have managed to zero!!!

Now I will be honest, I am one of those very accomplished hunters that is having a hard time finding game. In 2016 I hunted whitetails all season, in tried and true whitetail holes, and I found it extremely difficult to locate a public land buck. And I wasn't trophy hunting them. I have always hunted whitetails with the desire to help refill my freezer. Any buck will do. i know I am far from being alone. I have heard the hunter's grumblings. Everyone says the same thing. It is extremely difficult hunting right now. You are out of touch with the hunters you say you represent if you believe different.

And please go there once again trying to pit residents with guides. You can accuse us of having a hidden agenda but the truth is the truth. We ain't guides. We are Resident Hunters who are fed up. And PS, tell your groomer, I send my greetings once again!

Back into the gutter we go.

Dana, I am one of those accomplished hunters you claim to be a part of.
    Few people like us spend as much time in the field as we do.

I agree with some of what you say ....yet disagree on some.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

When has this thread been out of the gutter? It has been been plain gut wrenching Hahaha!!!

So please tell me what you agree with and what you disagree with. Stop being such an international man of mystery. Pretend we are sitting around a campfire telling tales of big ones that got away. That is what these hunting boards should be like. Often even around the campfire, talk can and does get serious, especially when it comes to the issue of wildlife numbers and how to best manage them. Please share your thoughts concerning whitetails and how we are managing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

There was a time not long ago when all hunters had to do is throw a lunch together and head out and enjoy the day seeing deer as they walked along. The rut lines and tracks were everywhere.
    Now it seems that you and many others need to run 20 trails cameras and put out licks and feed all season to have he same success. Ask yourself, how good is it really?
    Talk about the gutter...

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    FD, where is your groomer? Does he know you are out here fighting with the big boys? Haven't you noticed a major shift the last few weeks on this board. No one is buying what you are preaching. Seeing lots of old faces showing back up here. And they ain't friends of yours. You can continue to rant and rave about how much you have saved wildlife in this province but have a look around. Step out of your mama's basement, shut the computer off and have a look around. 'You' are what happened to the wildlife of this province. The Region 8 hunters are seeing it. And you just bragged about how 'you' alone made it happen. Good for you!!! You personally have managed to zero!!!

Now I will be honest, I am one of those very accomplished hunters that is having a hard time finding game. In 2016 I hunted whitetails all season, in tried and true whitetail holes, and I found it extremely difficult to locate a public land buck. And I wasn't trophy hunting them. I have always hunted whitetails with the desire to help refill my freezer. Any buck will do. i know I am far from being alone. I have heard the hunter's grumblings. Everyone says the same thing. It is extremely difficult hunting right now. You are out of touch with the hunters you say you represent if you believe different.

And please go there once again trying to pit residents with guides. You can accuse us of having a hidden agenda but the truth is the truth. We ain't guides. We are Resident Hunters who are fed up. And PS, tell your groomer, I send my greetings once again!
    get a room you two , holly shit man ....
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    There was a time not long ago when all hunters had to do is throw a lunch together and head out and enjoy the day seeing deer as they walked along. The rut lines and tracks were everywhere.
    Now it seems that you and many others need to run 20 trails cameras and put out licks and feed all season to have he same success. Ask yourself, how good is it really?
    Talk about the gutter...
    And yet DEEPER into the GUTTER.
    Some people on here have no class. Wish I were a moderator. What's the rules..... Not to discredit legal hunting methods.....
    Last edited by guest; 01-28-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Harvest is increasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Has the average number of days needed to kill a WT doe in Region 8 remained the same, reduced or increased across the time period the harvest increase has occurred?
    Anyone done the math on this?
    The World is run by those that show up.

You wont get average days or hunter numbers because that might not support FD agenda lol

Plus we don’t have mandatory reporting so it’s an estimated number at best

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Plus we don’t have mandatory reporting so it’s an estimated number at best
    For sure it’s an estimate - like all numbers in management. Still curious on the result - the math has been done.
    Last edited by Iltasyuko; 01-28-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    The World is run by those that show up.

Sorry, didn't see it first time.

Days/kill is basically flat since 2010. Average since 2010 = 22, with a high of 26 and low of 20.

Average since 1987 is, go figure, 23 days. Looks like does give hunters just as much challenge as the buck only season. Could be why the naysayers can't find a doe in a cutblock and assume they are all dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !