Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Then why even bring up Guides and First Nations eh? No axe to grind? Right, gotcha!
    Your narcissistic nature beseeches you.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Your narcissistic nature beseeches you.
    Just digging for the truth since you sure the hell ain't telling anyone your Big Picture Plan. Tax = $ $ $ = Habitat Habitat Habitat. You preach it like an '80's televangelist. No substance, just believe me now damnit! Hahaha. Good luck with that sell job. I was singing Kumbaya today and poof, instant habitat. Wonder why the habitat mantra isn't working for Jasper? They actually have been out creating a crapload of it. Certainly got their elk numbers up. In five years the number is up by a whopping 1.

Just digging for the truth since you sure the hell ain't telling anyone your Big Picture Plan. Tax = $ $ $ = Habitat Habitat Habitat. You preach it like an '80's televangelist. No substance, just believe me now damnit! Hahaha. Good luck with that sell job. I was singing Kumbaya today and poof, instant habitat. Wonder why the habitat mantra isn't working for Jasper? They actually have been out creating a crapload of it. Certainly got their elk numbers up. In five years the number is up by a whopping 1.
    I will leave you to your insanity.
    Last edited by Ourea; 02-01-2018 at 09:31 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I dont see how you can connect what Ourea says in post 561 with a connection with anti's and raincoast, ok.
    It is puzzling for sure..
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I'm a long time Whitetailer, since the days of a 2 buck limit in region 8, and yes since the antlerless season and now the wolves, numbers are down where I hunt, got it... Considering that wt could be an invasive species as they have only been here for perhaps 70-100 years, maybe they do offer competition for Mule deer and maybe they do need to be hunted harder in order to help out an already struggling mule deer.
    Maybe if we let the Wt keep taking over the hunting would be pretty good for Wt, not so good for Mule deer, which in my view only is something for anti's to grasp on to so as to apply more pressure on modern hunters.

If the bio's think its worth a try then why not? I hear calls for regulation change to limit opportunity for Mule deer, and now for Whitetail from the same people, yet unbelievably, with the anti-hunter presence in our government/s this thinking still persists within the resident hunting community.
    As for all hunting groups getting together, I'm all for it but....if anyone here thinks FN or G/O involvement is going to benefit resident hunters then your a dreamer, if they were to agree we need more $$$ invested then great, that will benefit everyone, thats certain.
    FN want it all for themselves, I dont know why some dont see it as its happening before your eyes right now.

I'm a long time Whitetailer, since the days of a 2 buck limit in region 8, and yes since the antlerless season and now the wolves, numbers are down where I hunt, got it... Considering that wt could be an invasive species as they have only been here for perhaps 70-100 years, maybe they do offer competition for Mule deer and maybe they do need to be hunted harder in order to help out an already struggling mule deer.
    Maybe if we let the Wt keep taking over the hunting would be pretty good for Wt, not so good for Mule deer, which in my view only is something for anti's to grasp on to so as to apply more pressure on modern hunters.

If the bio's think its worth a try then why not? I hear calls for regulation change to limit opportunity for Mule deer, and now for Whitetail from the same people, yet unbelievably, with the anti-hunter presence in our government/s this thinking still persists within the resident hunting community.
    As for all hunting groups getting together, I'm all for it but....if anyone here thinks FN or G/O involvement is going to benefit resident hunters then your a dreamer, if they were to agree we need more $$$ invested then great, that will benefit everyone, thats certain.
    FN want it all for themselves, I dont know why some dont see it as its happening before your eyes right now.
    I think maybe you should look a little harder at some of the information that's out there regarding the relationship between the two species. Do a little research somewhere other than this site you might learn a bit more about white tail deer.
    If you think killing off a bunch of white tail is going to solve declining mule numbers. Look at region 3 they just cut their mule deer bag limit and the provincial mule deer bag limit. Most liberal bag limits of any region.

I can see where not working with the GOs and first nations has got us as resident hunters nowhere!
    Like my old buddy used to say "better inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in".

Then why even bring up Guides and First Nations eh? No axe to grind? Right, gotcha!
    Typical tactics when some people see things not going their way. Circle the wagons, change the subject slam people that disagree. Question the sanity of anyone that disagrees.

Blacklab, I'm not saying it will solve the mule deer issue's, I'm simply saying it could be a factor, yes/no, do you know that wt are not competing with mule deer, cattle do so why not wt.
    As for working together, maybe you need to read abit better, I'm all for it but lets not fool ourselves or anyone else about what working together will produce for resident hunters,,,, but I am a fool so why dont you explain in some detail how the resident hunter will benefit from this process, piss in any direction you want, I will consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I think maybe you should look a little harder at some of the information that's out there regarding the relationship between the two species. Do a little research somewhere other than this site you might learn a bit more about white tail deer.
    If you think killing off a bunch of white tail is going to solve declining mule numbers. Look at region 3 they just cut their mule deer bag limit and the provincial mule deer bag limit. Most liberal bag limits of any region.

I can see where not working with the GOs and first nations has got us as resident hunters nowhere!
    Like my old buddy used to say "better inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in".
    they only kill 300 there! Maybe they should kill more to truly look at effect on mule deer.

Why dont you go do some research yourself and explain to us how a harvest of 300 is killing them off

The change for mule deer is because many MUs are not makeing the 20% buck to doe ratio or hovering right around 20%. It is in writing as the reason for the proposal of the 1 buck limit check the govt site yourself

As much as some are saying this is just a public pressure change it’s not. Management ratio goals are not being met is the main reason

Bios are seeing a reason to change MD regs not just hunters

Completely understand your trust issues with the different hunting groups do to history between them here in BC.