Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    So here is where I Truly struggle.
    Pls help clarify.

Some are very outspoken about their ethical opposition of using legal means to attract wildlife.
    I have no issue with their value system.
    The concern is the transmission of potential Chronic Waste Disease being toted.

The same persons want to feed game during the winter months when all sectors of wildlife are compressed and the risk of spread is exponential......in the sake of conservation.

During the summer/fall cattle ranchers drop salt blocks.
    Outdoorsmen do the same.

????
    Hey Dave those days of feeding deer were done after the mid 90's die off with our local Bios involved. They showed our club members what to watch for and how to feed.
    Before you come to any conclusions, think about the why and how. Also CWD wasn't even on the radar in those days or we may have looked at things differently.
    Cattleman aren't setting out salt to shoot deer so why not just leave them out of it. It's all about choices so define what works for you. I don't really care.
    Your definition of Fair Chase differs from mine and thats OK.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    not at all, read back, a long way, who brought it to the front. You.

As said, cool on the bow hunters, wish I could actually use a recurve, I can't. I wish I could, but I do want to be ethical.

That said, many a many bow hunters sit over what you call stations. And many a many bow hunters may not put the time in to become ethical. Not good at what they preach. Ask the ranchers in the Christain Valley that have hated the bow season since it opened after seeing the results. I won't expose those results here for various reasons.

This is thread was to be about White Tail deer, you and others took it off its path. I'm not one to sit and watch others slam others using legal pursuit methods because They think it's wrong. You, apparently think different.

So so get off your high horse, get out there and knock down a Pred or two, and help the White Tail deer. Like the original threads focus was on.

Moving on.
    How about this then, I feel WT deer are being over hunted and I hate horses. Hows that for being it back in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Would you be happy with Outfitters and FN's running the show?
    "Our Money" being controlled by those that contribute very, very little?
    So are you saying you'd rather work with antis and the likes of Raincoast than work with fellow hunters in the guiding industry or fellow hunters in The First Nations? WOW! Thanks for sharing that. Solidifies my opinion. I'll take fellow hunters with a common goal of wildlife and the hunting heritage over those that despise both wildlife and hunters. That is a no brainer for me. Glad you shared that little tidbit for the rest of the hunters on this board to see where you stand.

Ethics thing is a go no where

CWD is still a long ways from BC baiting at this time is really just a matter of personal ethics in BC

Cams getting a pic of a WT does not mean you are going to see it well hunting

Curly top I can give you all kind of stories from Christian valley and weapon is not the issue slob is. Let’s put it this bow season is way lower on the list of things hated out there. Sadly slobs of all forms of hunting have degraded hunter local relations in that valley really bad. I shot my first WT at 11years old in 8-14 and it is embarrassing how hunters are viewed there now

I have met all forms of elite snobs in BC and the biggest A holes were not bow hunters

Hunt with respect for the animals you hunt, represent hunters in a respectful manner to the public and stick within the laws is what matters the rest does not

guest Guest

True wild one, ...... And that is one of the several reasons I haven't hunted 8-14 fir years and years. Shot my first WT there about 32 years ago .

Ill have nothing to do with it.

BN ...... thanks for the link .......... But there NO comparison ....... In so called stations

heck the ranchers salt blocks every where are more of a concern. Take it up with the cattlemens association.

Looking forward to my XBow

Lots of places I stopped hunting in BC do to idiots. One of the main reason I am willing to mentor is I don’t want to see more slobs

Curly top enjoy your Xbow but I hope it’s an Excalibur or you will never be one of the cool kids lol

Might buy an xbow again to add to my mix of weapons. Maybe a spear too

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    So are you saying you'd rather work with antis and the likes of Raincoast than work with fellow hunters in the guiding industry or fellow hunters in The First Nations? WOW! Thanks for sharing that. Solidifies my opinion. I'll take fellow hunters with a common goal of wildlife and the hunting heritage over those that despise both wildlife and hunters. That is a no brainer for me. Glad you shared that little tidbit for the rest of the hunters on this board to see where you stand.
    This statement makes no sense to me, how do you come up with this concept? are you saying that FN, G/O, are going to work with resident hunters? Why would they do that??

Has the number of "slob" hunters increased with the open antlerless season?
    In region 3 by the bio's own admission hunter numbers increased 25%, so human nature being what it is, your going to get a 25% increase across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Has the number of "slob" hunters increased with the open antlerless season?
    In region 3 by the bio's own admission hunter numbers increased 25%, so human nature being what it is, your going to get a 25% increase across the board.
    Slobs are a result of poor mentoring/no ethics not the doe season