Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    You lost me a Metaphysical..........and not sure where I said regulations don't matter?? I fully understand how regulations are applied and enforced, been doing it for 30 years. But people are picking the flyshit out of the pepper when we need to look for the bear shit.....

Cheers

SS
    What else are they left to do? Pray?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

guest Guest

So maybe bownut should consider his line if thought, maybe we should ban him flinging sticks from treestands, maybe we should consider you can't bush in a blind near a game trail, maybe we can't where camo and must wear flashing lights.

He must think many are running a Texas drop feed station tower. Wow.

For the record........
    I have a parade of deer constantly running though my lanes, dozens and dozens, even through the blind itself at times, it's really dangerous......dangerous from so much slippery saliva running from every deers mouth on the trails. Slippery stuff. And I'm shooting record book deer every year, heck I could get two or three any day as the parade runs from Sept opening day to Closing mid December. If ya believe this check the record books.

He says he doesn't care, well apparently he does or he wouldn't keep slamming perfectly legal pursuit. Isn't that against forum rules?

Oh the elitists, always looking down ....... In his case, from a tree stand. But that's his style, are the rest of us slamming it, no.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    So maybe bownut should consider his line if thought, maybe we should ban him flinging sticks from treestands, maybe we should consider you can't bush in a blind near a game trail, maybe we can't where camo and must wear flashing lights.

For the record........
    I have a parade of deer constantly running though my lanes, dozens and dozens, even through the blind itself at times, it's really dangerous......dangerous from so much slippery saliva running from every deers mouth on the trails. Slippery stuff. And I'm shooting record book deer every year, heck I could get two or three any day as the parade runs from Sept opening day to Closing mid December. If ya believe this check the record books.

He says he doesn't care, well apparently he does or he wouldn't keep slamming perfectly legal pursuit. Isn't that against forum rules?

Oh the elitists, always looking down ....... In his case, from a tree stand. But that's his style, are the rest of us slamming it, no.

Cheers.
    actaualy curly a cursory search on this site will show many attacking bow hunters just as you say...you guys already did. Do you want to go there Realy?
    Last edited by horshur; 01-31-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Sorry but if you can show a precedent where somthing was actually done...telling people regulations don't matter when it is the only tool in the shed..I would rather use a worn out tool then sit back dreaming of the actual tool needed...you talk in the metaphysical...like just trust God lean not on your own understanding. The meek will inherit the earth. Habitat habitat habitat. It is meaningless.
    Wildlife doesn't need habitat?
    Habitat is meaningless?

I am speechless.
    Truly speechless.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post

For the record........

Cheers.
    Not that I have a chicken in this fight but did you know numerous states are putting together laws to ban trail cams? Baiting is also illagal in several states. As new technology comes up, managers have to assess the pros and cons that come with the new technology. Just look at Drones. They sold like hotcakes. Everyone wanted one. Then the regulatory bodies started making rules. First was the Federal National Parks that Banned them and then state after state banned them for the use of hunting, then cities and so one and so on and the market as collapsed. Gopro is even tanking because the drones can't be flown very many places due to regulations that most in the hunting industry would say were much needed in case of abuse. Laws happen because of abuses, or even the potential of abuse. Did you know that CO just banned Shed hunting. Why? Because of abuses and adverse effects of wildlife. so Bownut giving a cautionary word advice does not need to be taken in offence but rather a cautionary word of advice that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Habitat is meaningless?

I am speechless.
    Truly speechless.
    try this one.. "managing to zero". Explain how I or you are managing to zero. We are not part of the equation are we? I am not managing anything..who is managing to zero? Sure the he'll ain't me cause I would actually take responsibility...who really is managing to zero? You blaming yourself? Doubt it.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    actaualy curly a cursory search on this site will show many attacking bow hunters just as you say...you guys already did. Do you want to go the Realy?
    I have never attacked as you say a Bow hunter, I think it's rather cool actually, I just can't be ethical due to my issues with their use.

forgot to mention, I prefer to use a firearm, but, I am perfecting my aim with a X Bow recently...... Oh wait, that's not really Bow hunting either is it? I Guess I'll get slammed for that too. No wait, they to are legal.

Lets go shoot some Preds ........ I need more WT on my trails. Really I do.

So here is where I Truly struggle.
    Pls help clarify.

Some are very outspoken about their ethical opposition of using legal means to attract wildlife.
    I have no issue with their value system.
    The concern is the transmission of potential Chronic Waste Disease being toted.

The same persons want to feed game during the winter months when all sectors of wildlife are compressed and the risk of spread is exponential......in the sake of conservation.

During the summer/fall cattle ranchers drop salt blocks.
    Outdoorsmen do the same.

????

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Habitat is meaningless?

I am speechless.
    Truly speechless.
    Ourea, What I see being said is Just saying HABITAT HABITAT HABITAT like a mantra, like a prayer, is nothing but meaningless.

People are getting frustrated with talk and no action. Currently the only action we have in our management tool box is regulations. It is a tool and can be very effective.
    Last edited by dana; 01-31-2018 at 10:21 PM.

So here is where I Truly struggle.
    Pls help clarify.

Some are very outspoken about their ethical opposition of using legal means to attract wildlife.
    I have no issue with their value system.
    The concern is the transmission of potential Chronic Waste Disease being toted.

The same persons want to feed game during the winter months when all sectors of wildlife are compressed and the risk of spread is exponential......in the sake of conservation.

During the summer/fall cattle ranchers drop salt blocks.
    Outdoorsmen do the same.

????
    Do as I say, not as I do.