Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Hmmm, you said that for part of the EK when cats were exploding in numbers, why should people believe you now?

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    In parts of the EK You could have a case for all 3 of the cat species being impacted.
    First I have heard of this being an issue and lack information on it so will just have to say I don’t know

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Hmmm, you said that for part of the EK when cats were exploding in numbers, why should people believe you now?
    They never were exploding in all parts of the EK

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    There was a time not long ago when all hunters had to do is throw a lunch together and head out and enjoy the day seeing deer as they walked along. The rut lines and tracks were everywhere.
    Now it seems that you and many others need to run 20 trails cameras and put out licks and feed all season to have he same success. Ask yourself, how good is it really?
    Talk about the gutter...
    Just to clarify my point of view, bownut....I have no issue with the body of your post. It was the final sentence that led me to think that your comment was directed to Ourea's method of hunting whitetails and was your opinion of the ethics of his (and other's) methods. Now, if I misinterpreted your intention of the final comment, I apologize. If I got it right, then I stand by my response.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I am the most chill guy u can ever meet.
    U confuse me.

Lets get back to helping others and supporting wildlife.
    i guess I'm just an enigma eh? i have learned something from the wolves over the years. If you keep at it, nipping here and there, eventually they will make a mistake and the belly is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Just to clarify my point of view, bownut....I have no issue with the body of your post. It was the final sentence that led me to think that your comment was directed to Ourea's method of hunting whitetails and was your opinion of the ethics of his (and other's) methods. Now, if I misinterpreted your intention of the final comment, I apologize. If I got it right, then I stand by my response.

SSS
    Like I said before, as long as it's legal, I don't care what others want to do. I myself don't care for baiting and cameras and would rather continue hunting the way I was brought into it. You and Dave and many others can carry on
    with your ways and as long as you are enjoying yourselves, and remembering keep a open mind to what effects you may be having when you are setting up your bait stations.
    I feel that many Back Country Users on all levels don't understand how their little actions can have a big effect on wildlife. I have changed my own ways many times when made aware of possible damage.
    The Gutter is the situation that hunters are living presently, declining wildlife is a fact and I don't care what data individuals post. When your out walking and you count 20 or 30 deer, ask yourself how good it really is.
    I can show you past video of strings of deer 50-60 long and groups of no less than 100. That's how good it could be!
    All good and thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    i guess I'm just an enigma eh? i have learned something from the wolves over the years. If you keep at it, nipping here and there, eventually they will make a mistake and the belly is shown.
    Is that a question?
    Is that a cryptic statement of some sort?
    Help a brother out.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Like I said before, as long as it's legal, I don't care what others want to do. I myself don't care for baiting and cameras and would rather continue hunting the way I was brought into it. You and Dave and many others can carry on
    with your ways and as long as you are enjoying yourselves, and remembering keep a open mind to what effects you may be having when you are setting up your bait stations.
    I feel that many Back Country Users on all levels don't understand how their little actions can have a big effect on wildlife. I have changed my own ways many times when made aware of possible damage.
    The Gutter is the situation that hunters are living presently, declining wildlife is a fact and I don't care what data individuals post. When your out walking and you count 20 or 30 deer, ask yourself how good it really is.
    I can show you past video of strings of deer 50-60 long and groups of no less than 100. That's how good it could be!
    All good and thanks for the post.
    Bownut

I am curious and have an open mind, how does running a bait station for 4 weeks of the year effect wildlife, and I mean all wildlife? I have been in the field, hunting, studying and watching the effects of man on wildlife for 35 years and just do not see how 4 weeks in the life of wildlife has long lasting effects on wildlife? By your way of thinking, and I am only thinking this, a cutblock, a grain field, a road, a natural salt lick, a swamp, stream or lake edge and any other "attractant" will concentrate wildlife in an area, which will increase the likely hood of predators or disease affecting the wildlife. Natural or man made, attractants are attractants.

As for seeing strings of deer, they tell me we used to be able see 400-500 mule deer, 20-30 moose between Hudsons Hope and FSJ, now we are lucky to see 20-30, the odd moose......and we, as hunters are arguing, measuring dicks and beating our chest all over an animal that will still be around, even if we are not. A big frigging dam is being built that will take away what little habitat is left and will force what deer are left up into fringe habitat and this is just one of many stories across BC that we should be way more focused on and agreeing to battle at instead of whitetails.

Habitat, predator control, the anti's and our Government are our focus groups we should be concentrating on, not a two week doe season or whether a bait pile is the downfall of deer.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Bownut

I am curious and have an open mind, how does running a bait station for 4 weeks of the year effect wildlife, and I mean all wildlife? I have been in the field, hunting, studying and watching the effects of man on wildlife for 35 years and just do not see how 4 weeks in the life of wildlife has long lasting effects on wildlife? By your way of thinking, and I am only thinking this, a cutblock, a grain field, a road, a natural salt lick, a swamp, stream or lake edge and any other "attractant" will concentrate wildlife in an area, which will increase the likely hood of predators or disease affecting the wildlife. Natural or man made, attractants are attractants.

As for seeing strings of deer, they tell me we used to be able see 400-500 mule deer, 20-30 moose between Hudsons Hope and FSJ, now we are lucky to see 20-30, the odd moose......and we, as hunters are arguing, measuring dicks and beating our chest all over an animal that will still be around, even if we are not. A big frigging dam is being built that will take away what little habitat is left and will force what deer are left up into fringe habitat and this is just one of many stories across BC that we should be way more focused on and agreeing to battle at instead of whitetails.

Habitat, predator control, the anti's and our Government are our focus groups we should be concentrating on, not a two week doe season or whether a bait pile is the downfall of deer.

Cheers

SS
    Sorry but if you can show a precedent where somthing was actually done...telling people regulations don't matter when it is the only tool in the shed..I would rather use a worn out tool then sit back dreaming of the actual tool needed...you talk in the metaphysical...like just trust God lean not on your own understanding. The meek will inherit the earth. Habitat habitat habitat. It is meaningless.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Sorry but if you can show a precedent where somthing was actually done...telling people regulations don't matter when it is the only tool in the shed..I would rather use a worn out tool then sit back dreaming of the actual tool needed...you talk in the metaphysical...like just trust God lean not on your own understanding. The meek will inherit the earth. Habitat habitat habitat. It is meaningless.
    You lost me a Metaphysical..........and not sure where I said regulations don't matter?? I fully understand how regulations are applied and enforced, been doing it for 30 years. But people are picking the flyshit out of the pepper when we need to look for the bear shit.....

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!