Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Here is the deal....we are as men hard wired. Primarily for a mate. Why would a mate pick a man who could kill the largest,rarest animal on the mountain? Isn't it obvious ? Because he is a better hunter and that equates to groceries which equates her kids carry on even when the shit hits the fan. It is a positive trait for mate selection. We have to stop apologizing for this.! It is in our DNA! Of course modern life has made a satire about it..things changed but rich guys still are wired this way. Did you watch the documentary "Trophy"? Why do they even bother? All of us are still wired this way..picture threads on here are loath with nice big bucks.much less the two point or doe...why? Because of sex selection traits! We cannot escape 10,000years.
    Cuddle fish..look them up.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Some people are man enough to admit they were wrong.
    We need more of that.
    That's one thing lacking on this site, don't hold your breath. Dana, good on you a true sign of a WISE MAN.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I have not pit myself as an enemy. I have been trying to get you to loosen the F up. But, you are wound very tight and seem to be going on the attack on almost everyone on this site, including me. My response to you, WTF? I ain't no enemy. I am one of the good guys remember?
    wow, seriously, your the one Dana who's wound up ........ Put efforts to killing some preds instead of a crusade in belittling people looking for better management ...... You need to look back at several of your previous posts. Really dude???

Cuddle fish, I use them hootchies to catch springs.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

They make themselves look like female to get to the female...I think a certain ex CO identifies
    Last edited by horshur; 01-29-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

i dont care for all this fighting..i am just glad i can shoot two whiteys in region 3...!and do yearly..that said region 8 and 4 have more...ask jelvis

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Just so you know, I saw the same here. High Elevations were affected first. Last good buck I saw above treeline here was 2006. I couldn't figure it out. The bucks just stopped going to the alpine. I searched and searched for several years In areas I always glassed up bucks. I barely even find tracks. Then, the sign told me they were in the thick rhodo jungles of the ESSF. Then that stopped. The dogs will drop in elevation. Whereever he prey goes. Deer adapt. They head for the protection of humans. I very rarely had deer in my yard. Now, yup, I have deer in my yard. You want to know why the deer are heading to the city limits of Kelowna? It is safer there, dealing with cars and pets than it is outside of the city limits. But, the wolves will follow. I've had them just metres of my yard here in the valley bottom.
    I wonder what the ignorant, bleeding heart people who want to stop wolf hunting just like they did with the griz hunt will say when the wolves come to town and start taking pets or worse yet, attacking kids or people....now what Miley??

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    The areas with decent populations are those on or adjacent to large pieces of private posted property.
    Go find one in the crown land bush.
    I have, I have killed a decent number of WT's out of this large area of region 3 (south) that holds strong numbers on crown land, nowhere near private posted property, and this area sees a lot of pressure....I get what you, Dana, and Wild One are saying about blanket seasons - if we are make the seasons more MU specific, we need more funding....more aerial counts need to be conducted...but I still don't think the main issue is hunters, I think a smaller percentage of hunters actually know how to hunt WT effectively..I believe the main issue is preds..our province is obviously in a pred pit, hopefully we come out of that soon..

If we can get funding, the very last two species that we should bother to count would be whitetails and coyotes.

They look after themselves and adapt to human presence better than any other species, other species which we should devote money and time to monitoring and fixing habitat for.

That's not a knock on whitetails and coyotes - that's an admiration of their ability to thrive under just about any conditions. Whitetails and coyotes will, IMO, be around long after we are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I have, I have killed a decent number of WT's out of this large area of region 3 (south) that holds strong numbers on crown land, nowhere near private posted property, and this area sees a lot of pressure....I get what you, Dana, and Wild One are saying about blanket seasons - if we are make the seasons more MU specific, we need more funding....more aerial counts need to be conducted...but I still don't think the main issue is hunters, I think a smaller percentage of hunters actually know how to hunt WT effectively..I believe the main issue is preds..our province is obviously in a pred pit, hopefully we come out of that soon..
    Just as you say not to have blanket seasons be more MU specific the same can be said for the predators you speak of the problem is not province wide, and each area has to be dealt with differently.