Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Is there an easier predator to target than cougar ?? If its that simple , knock the cat population down to x number per sq km .. fixed .We can have WT And MD
    We've asked about that and made proposals on increasing cat harvests by upping the bag limit, encouraging a "meat cat" and then selective harvest for the second one.

No go. There's a cougar management matrix that is used (7 categories, IIRC) that analyzes any regs change proposals, and if the proposal hits the "red squares," it won't be implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    We've asked about that and made proposals on increasing cat harvests by upping the bag limit, encouraging a "meat cat" and then selective harvest for the second one.

No go. There's a cougar management matrix that is used (7 categories, IIRC) that analyzes any regs change proposals, and if the proposal hits the "red squares," it won't be implemented.
    Curious as to who is WE you have said that a few times lately. Said WE have asked for this or WE made this proposal. Who is WE.
    What qualifys as a "meat cat" and what qualifys as one that is selective harvested.
    Last edited by LBM; 01-19-2018 at 07:14 PM.

It is all mute...cougar predation is primarily compensatory rather then additive..they only kill what would die naturally anyway..so why they ​would ask about expanding the season given the science is beyond me.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Curious as to who is WE you have said that a few times lately. Said WE have asked for this or WE made this proposal. Who is WE.
    What qualifys as a "meat cat" and what qualifys as one that is selective harvested.
    There's no "I" in team, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

So your ready to consider the RH in BC that support different management goals other then max opurtunity/harvest?

or are they not allowed on your team lol

Pretty simple question who is WE or if you prefer to call it a team fine.
    I understand if your not comfortable saying who, there seems like there is lots of little groups or teams
    as you call it trying to push through there personal agendas, because they have no concern for others.
    They are just worried about them selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Two things wrong about this , first all the wt in your area are only still there because they are on private property in the "ville" and two , the wolves have just started to show up .... give it a few years ...
    Interesting, I remember wolves being there for the last 15-20 years I've spent time there. There was always plenty of whitetail on crown land then and that hasn't changed today. That country is littered with them, just like the rest of the places they are located in BC.

"Only still there because they are on private property." - Too funny. Thanks for the laugh.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Valid questions .

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    You want to see an example of the miss management of deer in this province, have a look at region 3.
    By their numbers region 3, 6500- 9000 white tail deer and you can shoot 2 antlerless.
    Compared to region 4, 38000-62000, 1 antlerless limit. Region 8, 31000-44000, 1 antlerless limit.
    If somebody wants to start a petition similar to the one in the Kootenays, you will get my support.
    You folks in the regions 4 and 8 better hope the wildlife manager from Kamloops doesn't decide to transfer your way.
    By the way in case you didn't notice region 3 just reduced their mule deer bag limit and are part of the change to 1 mule deer in the interior regions.
    They want to keep reg3 a muley stronghold....

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Interesting, I remember wolves being there for the last 15-20 years I've spent time there. There was always plenty of whitetail on crown land then and that hasn't changed today. That country is littered with them, just like the rest of the places they are located in BC.

"Only still there because they are on private property." - Too funny. Thanks for the laugh.
    you are pretty funny yourself .... sure you can tell a wolf track from a coyote though ?...