Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

I don't quite get all this the sky is falling stuff there's a lot of good news in the wildlife situation in BC right now. Sure there's some challenges but there always have been. Everyone likes the talk about the good old days but there's been spells in the not too distant past were things were a lot more dire. Things like the late 90s absolute crash of deer numbers in the south half, blacktail almost collapse on the north island late 80s and 90s, prior low grizzly populations in places etc. There's good things on the go right now, finally moose population issues in the north are being taken seriously and finally funded signifigantly with a bit of rebound in places. Elk are getting regular in the central interior where you couldn't find one to save your soul when I grew up there. Challenges but a lot of good too right now.

But this is BC and it is mid winter and there always MUST be something to fight about. So carry on, never mine me
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Back in the old days... say early 90's... you would see 40 wt does in a day now it's 4... desperate times? Not sure. Population is way down but is that a bad thing?
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    i cant believe we're still bickering over regulation changes, especially whitetail doe seasons!!!... do you guys not see there is more to it that fighting other hunters? let the Bios do there jobs!! if your not educated on the subject keep your thoughts to yourself!!!
    What he said!!
    Blacktailaholic

Salty you are right we do have elk herds expanding/growing in many parts of BC and WT have done the same. BT did improve as well. Grizzly one of the most successful and highly managed hunts sadly gone

Dont trust how BC will manage them but there is some success. Unfortunately we can’t credit it to good management attempting to grow these populations. With the exception of region 1/2 elk and grizzly

Guess sometimes the failures create enough anger you overlook the positive changes to wildlife

Why is it you Okanagan guys are happy with white tail numbers five times higher than region 3 and numbers equal to your mule deer numbers.
    Kootenays have 4 times as many white tail as mule deer with a one antlerless limit.
    Region 3 has 1/5 as many whitetail and there trying to eradicate those with a two antlerless limit.
    People actually think we should give more money to government to manage wildlife in this province.
    GOOD LUCK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I don't quite get all this the sky is falling stuff there's a lot of good news in the wildlife situation in BC right now. Sure there's some challenges but there always have been. Everyone likes the talk about the good old days but there's been spells in the not too distant past were things were a lot more dire. Things like the late 90s absolute crash of deer numbers in the south half, blacktail almost collapse on the north island late 80s and 90s, prior low grizzly populations in places etc. There's good things on the go right now, finally moose population issues in the north are being taken seriously and finally funded signifigantly with a bit of rebound in places. Elk are getting regular in the central interior where you couldn't find one to save your soul when I grew up there. Challenges but a lot of good too right now.

But this is BC and it is mid winter and there always MUST be something to fight about. So carry on, never mine me
    So what did managers do in response that resulted in the gains?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Why is it you Okanagan guys are happy with white tail numbers five times higher than region 3 and numbers equal to your mule deer numbers.
    Kootenays have 4 times as many white tail as mule deer with a one antlerless limit.
    Region 3 has 1/5 as many whitetail and there trying to eradicate those with a two antlerless limit.
    People actually think we should give more money to government to manage wildlife in this province.
    GOOD LUCK with that.
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/775f...itemid=4545934
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    GOOD LUCK with that.
    Management plan FD keeps pushing is the reason the kill WT save MD from predators theory is why

They are not being managed as a valuable game species in 3. Pretty easy to see they are trying to knock WT numbers back in hopes they don’t expand

Samthing in 7a

I don't know if there has been any increase. I haven't seen any increase where I hunt region 8, but I hunt crown land bush not farmers fields.

If there has been any increase wildlife management didn't make it happen.
    They did cut back to one antlerless though.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    This one, I am having trouble with FD.....if WT are wintering where MD traditionally winter, then they wont "push out" MD but rather, outcompete them...as we know ( or at least I learned as a youngling, bad winters do the most damage to deer pops due to food supply issues...and WT breed faster to repopulate...
    Here you go Bill: http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/pdf/10.1139/z02-025
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !